I need some expert opinions.

MarkCuda

TVWBB Fan
When disassembling my Genesis Gold, year 2000/2001, when I unbolted the manifold from the cookbox, I didn't see any support bracket that I'm used to seeing on other Genesis grills.
Should there have been some kind of manifold support bracket at all ?

I didn't look up the grill's schematic to verify but I assume that it came with one originally. I have come across grills that were missing those brackets before that I am certain came with one.

Many of the Silver/Gold grills came with the type of bracket above which commonly gets lost on grills. Others came with two heavy wire hooks that hook onto the frame. If you don't want to spend the $ on a replacement, you can simply use some wire or even zip ties. It works and you don't see it anyway.

The schematic for my grill shows two heavy duty wires holding the manifold.
The owner was very adamant that the grill was never worked on but the two wing nuts holding the manifold to cookbox bolts were finger tight.
If new burner tubes were replaced, then that explains the missing bracket.

If your grill came with the wire hangers for the manifold, they would still be attached to the manifold at least. They won't simply fall off and get lost like the flat bracket. It could be that the PO actually swapped out manifolds.

I have seen the manifolds with the wire hangers advertised for sale on the replacement part websites. I have never actually seen one on a grill.

I get a lot of the ones with the wire hangers. I think weber switched to them during the Silver B era. I think they used the flat brackets on all of the Genesis 1000 and earlier. The problem with the flat brackets is that they will come unhooked with a little to much jostling around such as when moving the grill around. They fall off and owners never can figure out where that damn thing came from and they usually just wind up tossing it after a while.

Last edited:
And now I have to take that back because this manifold is on a deep box 13 bar cook box, but it has the dual wire hooks.

1716215641941.png

I lost the manifold bracket from my original Genesis 1000 during a move years ago. I found it and didn't realize what it was until I decided to rehab the grill later on. So yeah, that's a thing. I knew they made Genesis 1000 manifolds with the hooks, like I said, I've seen them for sale. They were always square tube ones though. The manifold you show is a round tube with the hooks, that one I've never seen.

OK. I see. Yah, I think the flat brackets only come on the round tube manifolds....makes sense, I guess.

Bruce, I'm with you on your thoughts, if my Genesis was born with the two wire brackets, unless you make it a purpose to remove them from the manifold, both should be still attached.

Back