I need a new meat

These are on my "to-do" list that I haven't gotten to just yet: Chuck Roll, Salmon, Blue Cheese Meatloaf and Lamb.

Oh yea, Meatloaf that is what I am talking about. Getting that time of year to make smoked cheese.

How about pork loin. I cut it into about 1-1/4" slices and slice those in half again. Sprinkle with BRITU or other favorite and smoke. Usually about 90 minutes at 250*

Beef short ribs
Bone in pork roast
Cornish hens
Buckboard bacon
Fresh polish sausage
Pork hocks for split pea soup
Leg of lamb
Shrimp
Standing rib roast

Order some pink salt and Dextrose from butcherpacker.com and get a copy of Charcuterie by Ruhlman and Polcyn from your local library or book store. Once you get hooked on curing meat and making sausage, you'll have dozens if not hundreds of options at hand.

Paul K, or anyone
If I might ask about pork chops, you say 1 in or thicker. Are they bone in, or bone less, at what temp, and for how long do you smoke etc. I've been wanting to try pork chops but couldn't seam to find a recipe.
John

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Furdyn:
Paul K, or anyone
If I might ask about pork chops, you say 1 in or thicker. Are they bone in, or bone less, at what temp, and for how long do you smoke etc. I've been wanting to try pork chops but couldn't seam to find a recipe.
John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have a good butcher get some good pork chops with the bone on. "Boneless" pork chopc are most often just slices of pork loin for a lot more per pound than just buying a Pork Loin at Costco or Sam's.

With tender pork the bad guys are dead at 137f and the health department says it's sake at 145f. For tender cuts go higher and it gets tougher and dry.

Layer on Fresh Ground Black Pepper, Kosher or Sea Salt and Sweet Paprika.

Enjoy,

PASTRAMI !!!!!!
icon_smile.gif

Al

Definitly a meat loaf!
How about some claims and oysters?
Veggies are good too! Cabbage, squash, zucchinni!

wow, all of the above ... lol

try some dishes .. like pot roast with veggies or a stew

I've done burrito meat ... chuck roast in tomatoes and stuff until the chuck can be pulled then mixed in with with the sauce. Top notch. I made cannelloni tonight and was thinking I should try baking it in the WSM with a little smoke wood.

Use smoked stuff to enhance other dishes: I make this awesome spinach salad with smoked cheese and boiled eggs. Could use smoked eggs or mushrooms or the back bacon I smoke as well.

I've got a 16" pizza stone and I'm gonna give pizza a go one of these days on the WSM.

Back