I just have to say it..... I LOVE MY WSM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooking in the WSM is so easy that it still amazes me everytime I pull meat out of it.

As many on this forum know... I love cooking pork butts. I like chopped pork. I like pulled pork.

With football tailgates and a number of family friends on the atkins diet (I am as well), I have been cooking pork butts at an alarming rate for the last 6-7 weeks. Seriously, I have been cooking around 4-10 butts per week.

It still amazes me how easy it is to do butts in the Weber Smokey Mountain. Especially when you are only doing 2-4 butts at a time.

I just halve each butt... crank the cooker up to 250 degrees... set the vents to 1/3rd open, flip and baste prior to going to bed... pull the butts after 10 hours in the cooker... pull them and then goto work!

Seriously, I have gotten so comfotable cooking butts on my WSM that I have been doing mid-week overnight cooks.

Just pulled 4 butts out of the WSM about an hour and a half ago...

Mmmm Mmmm Good /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PS. A Atkins tip, there are a few commercial sugarless BBQ sauces out there. Most are marketed as "safe for diabetics" or "for diabetics"

Being from Texas I had never had a Boston butt until someone on the board gave me the suggestion to try it with the brisket on bottom and butts on top. The pork was the best I'd ever had. I am thinking to doing 4 this weekend. Two on top and two on the bottom.

The people who were over to eat the Butt finished it off in 30 minutes!

Spyro, I thoroughly enjoy your posts and find them very informative. I have wondered over the past few months about the correct pronunciation of your last name. You never know, we may bump elbows at the meat counter and I want to be prepared!

first name is a breeze....last name a little tougher. Like I said, San Diego not that far from Pasadena.....especially since you have been able to break the price barrier on pork butts.

DOUG,

ah na KNEE ah thees

MIKE,

Seriously, it is going great...

I have been eating a TON of pork.

I make alot of sausage as well from mostly venison. So I have been eating alot of that.

My good friend has been doing alot of tuna fishing so he keeps me supplied with tuna.

Anyway, back to pulled pork... I have a pretty good recipe for coleslaw that uses a little splenda instead of sugar.

I still miss the bun on my sammiches tho!

CHARLES,

Where in the SD are you at?

Up until about a year and a half ago, I lived in San Diego. It was a great 9 years. I still have my house in the South Ocean Beach/Sunst Cliffs area.

I also lived in Carmel Mt. and Del Mar for short periods of time.

Alpine....East County. Next door neighbor is one of the "3 Men" of www.3men.com Check out the site. They are a competition team that does very well and I get great advice and ocassionally fill in for an absent member. Could not have a better neighbor. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back