I Got My Ranch Kettle Today! (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John-Peterson

TVWBB Fan
So, I've wanted a Ranch Kettle ever since I saw Steven Raichlen on BBQ University. He had one in the background, and used it a few times on the show. Although as cool as it would have been, it was very hard to justify the price. Last summer at a local garden house, who is a Weber dealer, I saw the 26". I thought this would be a nice grill to "settle for". I always eyed it up when we went into the store. After getting my WSM from my wife for fathers-valentines-birthday-sweetest-and any other day day, she had said that maybe close to summer, I could get the 26.

My justification, like I said in other posts, is that when I use my 22, I run out of room fast. I dont really have a "cold zone". I usually will cook burgers, brats, and hot dogs for the week for lunches. Theres usually alot on there at one time. Bottom line is like I said, I run out of room.

Knowing how much I wanted a Ranch Kettle, my wife decided to surprise me with one. Although, she couldnt keep the secret too long and told me about it. Needless to say I was prety happy
icon_biggrin.gif

As a side note, being the dork that I am, I scoured the internet looking fo pictures of Ranch Kettles while awaiting its arrival. I came up pretty short, I found some but not many, so, heres my contribution to the internet. And what better place the TVWBB:

This is how it arrived from the freight company

DSC01745.jpg

I didnt think it weighed that much

DSC01746.jpg

Heres a 22" hinged grate on the box... it is really that big

DSC01747.jpg

22" hinged grate.... IN THE ASH PAN!!!!

DSC01750.jpg

The 22" hinged grate makes another appearance on the RK grates for comparison

DSC01756.jpg

I did have a problem with the wheels though. They sent 2 different types, with different date codes. Although they are both for a Ranch Kettle, with the same part number they are different. They come with the stupid grey covers like all the new Webers have, which I dont like. I acutally like the one with the white trim on it. Removal of the grey trim gave me a part number. Also the tread on the wheels is a little different, not a big deal, but I kinda have a small case of OCD. And for this much money... well you get the point. A quick call to Weber, and problem solved. They are sending me 2 new wheels. Heres some pics of the wheel difference

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

One of the wheels didnt come with the white trim ring. If it had, I might not have noticed.

I was also short, one 5/16 nut. Not the end of the world as I actually had one, well a lock nut, but its just one of those things.

Here it is, all assembled. It was pretty straight forward.

DSC01761.jpg

Here the link to my album with some more pics of packaging and etc.

Album Link

<span class="ev_code_RED">OOH-LA-LA</span> <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">!!!</span>
This is better than a new Jeep!
icon_biggrin.gif

Pretty Cool John!

Beautiful Grill. I've never seen one in person, so you showing the 22 1/2 grill grate on top of the box really lets me know how big one is. It looks to offer about four times as much space.

Nice John! Very Nice! This calls for bigger parties! I've got one and can do about 15 beer can chickens on it and still have room for them to square dance! Congrats!

John -

Thanks for the pictures. You are correct, these grills are HUGE! I saw three(3) being used at my local AAA ball club last year. I just wanted to stare at them all night.

Now we need pictures of your first cook.

Thank you for sharing. The 22" grate demonstration was particularly helpful.

And yes, I am envious.
icon_smile.gif
Congratulations.

WOW, congratulations! That is one sweet looking grill.
Would you like some advise from a woman's perspective?
Go get your really, really, really, sweet wife some huge lobsters, and filet mignon, and make her the first meal on that new fabulous grill of yours!
icon_smile.gif

Hey everyone, Thanks for the comments. Im glad that I could help people with the pictures. Im more then willing to take more if there is any interest. I pretty exicted to try it out, it should be a neat experience.

Michele, although that does sound tasty, neither one of us like lobster. And she prefers her steak well done, hockey puck well done. Although I do have a pack of tenderloin in the freezer. That with some baked potatoes should take up atleast a quarter of the space
icon_rolleyes.gif

John,

I really gotta get your wife to have a quiet chat to mine
icon_wink.gif

You're a very lucky man..but we don't need to tell you that eh!!

Being in Australia, I've never ever seen a Ranch kettle in the flesh but can only imagine how huge they are. We can get them but they are sooooooo expensive...something like AU$ 2,100 so as you can imagine..they are rarer than rocking horse s...
icon_eek.gif

Now you'll have to get an extra mortgage on your house to buy lots of meat to put on that thing
icon_biggrin.gif
....Happy Ranching John

Cheers

Davo

Congrats on your new addition to the family!!! I also own one and you will find it very handy when doing many things at once. You can create many temp zones for cooking all at the same time. I've done ribeyes, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, baked beans along with some shrimp appetizers for 8 people and had no problem. Don't wait until that snow melts before you use it, do it TODAY!

My God, it's like that droid that Han Solo shoots in the beginning of Empire Strikes Back. It's monstrous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back