I Finally Pulled the Trigger on a WSM

G Savrnoch

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey just thought I'd mention I got a great deal on Kijiji yesterday for a new 22.5" WSM. Guy won it as a prize and did not want it. Saved $150.00 vs. new from the store. Been watching Kijiji and CL for while but here in Canada they don't come up too often and when they do they are gone quick. I was originally thinking 18.5 but reading discussions here I decided to go 22.5". So now I will be hanging around this forum a bit more trying to learn from the more experienced. That's 4 Weber's now..............DW gave me the look when she saw the WSM....you know the one ;)?

FD34A9D6-02A2-40CE-91D9-EA1240CEACC6-4165-00000333F49688A7_zpsed8eb107.jpg

Thanks guys I am pumped about having one finally. The Performer has served me very well for smoking. Only complaints - takes a bit of work to hold a nice, steady 225-250 degrees, longer smokes take some fuel top ups and grill space is limited with at least a 1/3 of the grill dedicated to coals i.e. only 2/3 for meat.

Tomorrow will be the first cook - some simple stuff just to get my feet wet - some baby backs and a shoulder. My dad has a couple of racks too. He did some ribs last week (par-boiled and grilled :p) and he wasn't too happy with them. He's an apartment dweller now though so kind of limited on how he can cook. So since I firing it up tomorrow and have the grill space to share (finally) I offered to throw his couple of racks on there :wsm:.

Since you've done some smoking with the performer, you will absolutely LOVE the WSM.
Only 4 Webers? My wife would be thrilled if I only had four. :D

Back