Howdy! Just bought my first gas grill!

KeithJ

Been using a Weber kettle since to mid 90s, and finally pulled the trigger on a gas bbq. My wife is retiring and prefers gas for ease.
Bought the grill new at our local Ace Hardware and been back and forth with Weber on trying to register the new grill. They claim the S/N is invalid and impossible.
Maybe not yet in their system?
Anyone ever experience this? It’s a Genesis SP-E-335.

Waiting on Weber to get back to me. The S/N starts with VE.

Welcome Keith! Once I switched to charcoal I got rid of and didn't have a gas grill for many years, but eventually re-added one to the lineup for convenience, speed and practicallity

Stuff you cook on it will probably taste weird for a while to you 😀, I always christen a new grill with a huge burger cook to get it all greased up.

The S/N thing is funny, send them a pic of it? I'm sure CS will get it sorted.

Congrats on your purchase!

Thanks Shawn! Weber CS did manually get my S/N registered today.

I’ll miss the smoke of charcoal and wood but looking to get a smoke box for some things.

Still keeping my 20 year old Weber Performer! It keeps chugging along and looks good still.

This new Genesis is a beautiful grill and looking forward to some great times with it!

Cheers!

Welcome @KeithJ you'll love the gas grill for quick grilling. I have an E330 and the side with the sear burner will quickly become your favorite spot because you can easily crank up the heat or dial it back.

A suggestion is to shuffle the flavorizer bars around to different spots. If the E335 has lower heat deflectors, keep an eye on them getting gunked up as they can catch fire.

as far as smoke flavor, I've used a number of gadgets, but a smoke tube with pellets works best for me on the gas grill, but it doesn't match the flavor compared to cooking over coal. You'll be happy you still have the performer.

@DanHoo - thanks for the welcome and thanks for the tips!! I will need to get really familiar with all of the parts of the gas grill and will keep an eye on keeping it all clean, for sure. We had it assembled by our Ace Hardware and delivered, and they did an awesome job, and now I need to look at all of the internals and how to keep everything in good shape. The world of gas is a whole new thing for me!
Definitely glad I still have the old Performer! :blackperformer::)

Welcome Keith, I have the same exact grill, just don't use it much.
I would rather use my Genesis Gold that's 25 years old 😉
I'm also a SSPerformer guy.

Welcome to the forum and congrates on your new gasser.
We have or I should say my wife Barb has an E320 NG sidewinder which is our grill for quick cooks and sides mostly, but also is our outside oven in the summer to keep the heat down in the house. Anytime that one is fired up Barb is cooking on it
Also in the lineup is a 1998 genesis 2000 also Barbs, a performer, two jumbo joes, one smokey joe, a restoration in progress on a 1985 first year of the Weber gassers a gen 2 gasser and a Camp Chef pellet grill.

Back