Howdy do from KY

ChrisV

TVWBB Fan
Hello everybody

Newbie here from Northern Kentucky. I'm a long time gas cooker but when my old grill died a year ago, I had a hard time finding a decent replacement that I felt was worth the price. I grew up in house built in the '50's that had an era correct brick charcoal pit and I missed that flavor so as an interim solution, I bought a SJS that I figured I could use for camping, picnics, etc..

That started me on my journey into the WWW (Wide World of Weber). For Fathers day this year my wife and kids bought me a Performer grill and I just recently picked up a Visconia steamer pot to make my own Mini WSM. Needless to say I'm falling into this deep. I've already read a ton of great info off of this forum but I have more to learn and questions to ask so bear with me!

Nice to "meet" y'all :cool:

Great to have you here Chris. Fire away with the questions and be prepared for many different answers, most of which are right. Mine are usually wrong but I love to answer anyways.

Welcome aboard Chris. I too remember those brick BBQ pits of our youth.

For years at my grandparents summer house in East Hampton (long before the Hamptons became what they are now),
we had nothing more than some cement blocks piled 3 high on each side with a grate across to top. Every Saturday night
was Steak Night, along with clams that we kid had collected during the afternoon. In the fall, there were
Wild Blackberry Bushes down the road and we would collected pails of blueberries and Grandma would make
Blueberry Pancakes, Blueberry Syrup, Blueberry Jelly.

You know something, when people say the GOOD OLD DAYS are really not as good as you think,
I have to disagree vehemently!!!!!!

Back