"How-To" Video

Harvey M.

TVWBB Member
I just did a Pork Butt video on the WSM. Thought you folks would appreciate it. Still working on lighting so its a little dark.

Let me know what you think.

Pork Butt

That was fun, made me want to get some of last weeks out of the freezer
icon_biggrin.gif

What fuel were you using in the WSM that you needed to keep topping up?

Great Video Harvey watched the Brat video also. But I have urge and maybe you can help me out. I want to make a fish bratwurst out of Walleye. Other then short of grinding the fish should I add some other type of filler or binder?

Thanks guys!

Bill, I didn't need to top it up until morning. It was good to go all night despite the low outside temps.

Gary, funny you should ask...I actually tried fish-wurst once...very good stuff.
Here is the info for you Fish-Wurst

Harvey

Harvey,
Great video! Anyone can BBQ in summer, but a REAL BBQer does it in ANY weather. In another thread I am talking about a 6lb butt I am doing for the Super Bowl and it is 11 F with a little wind. I am using Hickory w/ some Appple. Once again, good video!

I really enjoyed that Harvey, it made me want to defrost a butt or two from the freezer then shovel my way out to the WSM and get them cooking.
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Harvey M.:
I just did a Pork Butt video on the WSM. Thought you folks would appreciate it. Still working on lighting so its a little dark.

Let me know what you think.

Pork Butt

I liked it a lot... so much, in fact, that I went over to bbqtalk.ca and signed up.

Thanks Harvey when the walleye season begins I will definately be doing these for sure. There was a seafood comp down in Lousiana and the Michigan entrance was a walleye, perch, combo. Once again thank you for your response.

Thank you Harvey for talking the time to make and post the link to the video. I have not cooked a pork butt as yet and will use your video for a baseline. By the way your daughter is a cutie.
pk

Hi Harvey!

What a great video. I really enjoyed watching it. Makes me long for the day when i can get a WSM and join in on the fun of BBQ'ing! Thanks so much for taking your time and resources out to make this video. It is wonderful.

All my best to you & your family.

Justin

Harvey,

That's an awesome video. It almost look professional. You could start a series and put burn it DVD and I'm sure you could sell it. I've been wanting to butt for a long time but still was very confident but after watching your video a butt will be my next smoke.

Thanks and great job!

Good video, I am actually cooking a couple of Butts this weekend. Interesting how you stood those up with the wooden skewers.

Thanks for the comments guys, it really makes it worth the effort.

Bruce, the butts may come in some contact with each other. That is no big deal as the contact areas will have soft moist bark, but you will not notice a difference in the end blended product.

Working on a rib video this week.

Back