How rare and what would that be worth? Older Genesis 1000 with side burner?

I used “Easy Off” last night and another can tonight on two hoods plus a metal paint scraper and 0000 steel wool. Got most of it but still some to go. But I have to say I start to hate these stainless steel hoods. The enameled ones are easy peasy compared to the stainless steel hoods. What kind of crappy stainless steel did they use on the interior liner of these hoods? Not sure it even is stainless.

I used “Easy Off” last night and another can tonight on two hoods plus a metal paint scraper and 0000 steel wool. Got most of it but still some to go. But I have to say I start to hate these stainless steel hoods. The enameled ones are easy peasy compared to the stainless steel hoods. What kind of crappy stainless steel did they use on the interior liner of these hoods? Not sure it even is stainless.

Not sure either, but my experience is that you can only do so much with that inner liner. It does protect the stainless from color change and when used on porcelain hoods stops the carbon sheeting. The downside is that it deteriorates beyond looking nice pretty quickly with regular use.

It is not SS of any type. It's just plain mild steel. I think they thought the grease from cooking would "season" and keep it from rusting.....................WRONG

It is not SS of any type. It's just plain mild steel. I think they thought the grease from cooking would "season" and keep it from rusting.....................WRONG

That explains a lot. Well I personally like the enameled hood much more. Especially the colorful ones.

Back