How much mesquite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm thinking of going commando with this brisket----just the mesquite plus salt and pepper and maybe without even TRIMMING the brisket! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Susan, I was just talking to a buddy at work about doing the same thing, just S&P! Let me know how it turns out! That is all I put on steaks, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper! Why wouldn't it work on brisket?
icon_confused.gif

Oh go ahead, girl - live a little! You're too conservative and bashful!
icon_wink.gif

Seriously, though, a little salt and pepper on the full packer will work great. Slash the fat cap every few inches down to but no into the lean - don't have to trim it - then S&P the whole thing and go "commando"! (I like that phrase!!!) When I leave full fat on, I like to separate the flat from the point as soon as it comes off the smoker and tests done, usually at about 188-190 (no foil ever touches our briskets while they're in our smokers unless time is becoming a problem). I'll scrape most of the fat off of both pieces, hit it again with S&P, lay the point and flat back together, wrap it up tight in foil, and THEN let it have its nap. Go ahead - you'll like it!

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time
(who uses smoked brisket and ribs as a form of currency)

Thanks for the push, kids, (and for yer secret recipe, Keri!). Gonna fire her up untrimmed. Yessir, one 12 lb brisket comin' up----commando style!

Yeeee haw!

(ok, going to lite my coals and find my maverick and S&P the thang)

Greg---Pie is EASY. E Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back