How Much Food Can a SmokeFire Smoke at Once?

Jon B

TVWBB Member
I'm thinking about picking one of these up and I'm trying to decide between the EX4 size and the EX6 size. I didn't find the number of burgers each grill can hold especially helpful on the Weber site.

Can someone break it down to approximately how many spatchcocked chickens, racks of ribs and briskets each size can hold?

Honestly, IMO it's always better to err on the large side if you have the space and the finances for it. The cost difference between the 2 over the course of time you will own it is miniscule

That's a good approach. I'm going to be putting it on my deck and I think I'm going to have to fight for real estate because I already have a gas grill and a smoker up there. I'm hoping to keep as small a footprint as I can to avoid undue attention. In all fairness, I may take the gas grill off the deck if the SmokeFire works out.

I didn't find the number of burgers each grill can hold especially helpful on the Weber site.
I saw 20 for the EX6 and 13 for the EX4. I assume that's only for the bottom grate?

That's a good approach. I'm going to be putting it on my deck and I think I'm going to have to fight for real estate because I already have a gas grill and a smoker up there. I'm hoping to keep as small a footprint as I can to avoid undue attention. In all fairness, I may take the gas grill off the deck if the SmokeFire works out.
I ended up loving my pellet grills so much I retired my Genesis. I used to have 3 gassers on my deck. So now it's just my Wolf (which remains "parked" 95% of the time and my Q which I use lightly almost daily for quick breakfast cooks or warmups). Otherwise I use the pellet grills exclusively. Yeah, they're THAT good

I ended up loving my pellet grills so much I retired my Genesis. I used to have 3 gassers on my deck. So now it's just my Wolf (which remains "parked" 95% of the time and my Q which I use lightly almost daily for quick breakfast cooks or warmups). Otherwise I use the pellet grills exclusively. Yeah, they're THAT good

Aside from the great information I'm getting, reading these forums has been therapeutic. Where else can you read about people talking about the grills and smokers they keep on the deck and the ones they keep under the deck and not have to defend yourself. :)

I can fit two of the, I think they are 9x14 foil pans on the top shelf with room to spare, two turkey breasts (generally the size roughly of an 8lb pork butt), another 9x14 pan and some veggies on bottom. And there’s still room.

Full packers, around 13lbs, it could easily hold 4-5. Pork butts, I would say 6 pretty easy on bottom and couple up top. Ribs, I’ve done 8 racks and it wasn’t full.

Just a photo for scale on the EX6.
Six 1/4 lb burgers and six bratts.

Attachments

• 20230701_133639.jpg
    20230701_133639.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230701_134334.jpg
    20230701_134334.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230701_134339.jpg
    20230701_134339.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 14
Aside from the great information I'm getting, reading these forums has been therapeutic. Where else can you read about people talking about the grills and smokers they keep on the deck and the ones they keep under the deck and not have to defend yourself. :)
often when people ask should I get Grill A or Grill B, and we typically answer: "BOTH" and later suggest a third grill or smoker.

my .02 on the pellet grill is they work well, but I got tired of mine after about 3 years and found the food I cooked was better on a BGE or a WSM.

I sold the WSM because it is a lot of effort to setup and a bit for post cook cleanup and added a summit kamado E6

I find the WSK takes a few minutes more time on the front end to get it started, yet it has almost zero cleanup time. Same with the BGE.

The WSM needed time and effort at the beginning and the end/

The pellet needed electricity, had an annoying fan running all the time and was work to swap pellets from apple to oak or oak to hickory or even remembering what was in the hopper from the last cook. Start time wasn't that much but the cleanup was a bit more.

And I have a couple of gas grills I use too.

In short, there is no "right answer".

I can fit two of the, I think they are 9x14 foil pans on the top shelf with room to spare, two turkey breasts (generally the size roughly of an 8lb pork butt), another 9x14 pan and some veggies on bottom. And there’s still room.

Full packers, around 13lbs, it could easily hold 4-5. Pork butts, I would say 6 pretty easy on bottom and couple up top. Ribs, I’ve done 8 racks and it wasn’t full.

Thank you. Is that the EX6?

Back