How many prime ribs this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Goin

TVWBB Super Fan
Well I am off to do the Prime Rib again this year!!!
I did a 15lb.er last year and I am thinking of doing 2 at once. One will be atleast 15lbs or 18.25 inches in length (nothing like going to the grocery store with a tape measure!!) and quite possibly a smaller one for my grandpa, who prefers his meat to moo!!!

I am figuring on 20 to 25 lbs... any guesses on time?

Grandpa wants Prime rib on Christmas eve, but I may not be off work in time to make that happen.

here is last years photo--- I hop e the url link works!!Christmas 2003 - Prime Rib

Link doesn't work for me. Just the HP photo home page. You need to email yourself the "invite family and friends" option, then use the link they email you.

I always do two prime ribs at Christmas. The plan (doesn't always work) is to get one to come out medium rare and the second medium. Depending on the number of folks at dinner, they are each five to ten pounders. Then my wife uses the drippings to make Yorkshire pudding. Yumm. That way we don't miss any opportunity to get extra cholesterol.

Oh yeah, living in Alaska means we also have king crab for Christmas Eve. Good thing my brother-in-law is a commercial fisherman.

Griff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Griff:
Then my wife uses the drippings to make Yorkshire pudding. Yumm. That way we don't miss any opportunity to get extra cholesterol.
Griff <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Drippings from the water pan?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stone:
Drippings from the water pan? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you can assume a higher temp cook, and the pan being dry, save for the drippings.

I'm going to try a prime rib and a yorkshire pudding this year, too! But I'm thinking the PR is going on the rotisserie....

Yorkshire pudding, one of my favs
icon_wink.gif

I am going to do one as soon as I get enough people together to eat it the way that I cook it. I like mine where a skilled veterinarian may still be able to revive it.

mike

Doug D's assumption was, as usual, absolutely correct. I do prime ribs on the WSM at high temp with the water pan empty save for the drippings which go into the Yorkshire pudding.

Griff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back