How many pork butts in a case?

I noticed while at Sam's Club yesterday (waiting for the guy to unload a truck since they were out of pork butts) that they have a sign offering special pricing on meat when buying by the case.

Anyone know how much meat is one of Sam's cases?

There was a post on here the other day about buying cases of different meat at Sams, if you can find it then they listed it there.

For my butcher, a case is 4 butts / 40 lbs.

Last time I bought butts at a Sam's, the posted case price was available on just one cryovac pack containing two 7.5-8 lb. average roasts.

I have been buying cases from Sams for several years. There is usually 4-5 cryovacs per case with 2 butts per cryovac. I know my butcher and I would ask for a smaller case. 4 was more common for me, probably because I asked for smaller cases. Seems like 65 pounds is usually the average weight of the cases I would get.

I haven't been buying cases of butts since I closed the BBQ shack but I still buy back ribs by the case. It is usually 80 cents or more cheaper per pound by the case. I normally cook 2 cryovacs per cook and throw the rest in the freezer.

Sam's case: 8 butts, 2 per cryo, 65 lb average (sometimes you'll get ten smaller butts in a case, but rarely)

Restaurant Depot case: Any combination of butts over 50 lbs will get you the case price.

Back