How doth the chimney glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave Lewis:
[qb] Don Miller responded: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Good grief Bob! Its just paper. Stick it in there and light it!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Amen! That was one of the best responses to a post that I've seen in long time. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Let's not be so hard on BobJ. I agree that the process of loading paper into a chimney can be over analyzed, but I think it's a fair question for someone who's just starting out. In fact, I wrote an entire article on the subject, How To Use A Charcoal Chimney.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris. I was starting to get a complex. Naaahhhh! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Am I cheating or at least cheating myself by using the Weber starter cubes? They're cheap and I thnk they work awesome. I used to have problems with newspaper (granted I didn't use the donut method) and I've never had problems with the cubes. Am I the only one who uses them?

Don't know about cubes. I'm a cheapskate. Paper is free /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jon, you're not alone. I've used those cubes too. Now I PREFER to fire up the burner from the turkey fryer and toast the briquettes in the chimney for a few minutes with it, but the wax/sawdust chunks are my second choice.

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

Cubes or firesticks work, Mapps torches and weed burners work, or charcoal in a chimney. None of it is cheating.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back