How do you serve you briskett?

Bryan J

I am looking for suggestions on how people serve it. Sandwich style? What kind of sauce or no sauce at all?

I will be attempting my first briskett this weekend, how do you usually serve it?

sliced across the grain and served with potato salad , grilled asparagus and an ice cold Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sliced with Chipotle mayo and sides of your choice. I make sammies with the leftovers.
icon_smile.gif

My favorite is chopped beef nachos

take the point and chop it up well
take a baking dish and put a good helping of tortilla chips(get the thicker ones they hold up better)
then put a layer of good cheddar cheese
then put the chopped beef mixed with non-sweet texas style barbecue sauce(like Stubbs)
then sliced pickled jalapenos
bake in oven till nice and oooey goooey
top with sour cream and whatever you like maybe some pico de gallo or chipotle salsa

I serve a combo of sliced with some shredded. For sandwiches, serve pickle chips and very thinly sliced onions on the side. Sauce is optional. DH

Smoked all day till butter tender,sliced and chopped to perfection by my wife in her slinky white bikini as she walks by our built in pool to our outdoor kitchen fridge to get me another dripping wet freezing cold microbrew and hands it to...........holy crap I just fell out of my chair! I think I fell asleep and was dreaming.

over texas toast like this (green beans optional):
IMG_1724.jpg

Richard...what's up with Sierra Nevada? I've been loving their 12's of celebration and ESB at $14.99, I can't figure out how they make this stuff so good and yet fairly priced (and shipped cross country).

Sliced across the grain.
Square white bread.
Sliced onion
sliced jalapenos
pinto beans
eithe potatoe salad or German-style potatoes
Maybe some Stubb's Sauce.
This seems to bethe standard for Central texas Q although the "purist" just say meat and bread or crackers.

i make sauce on the side so people can have some if they choose. i would never presume what folks like on their BBQ so i let them sauce their own or not as they choose. thats why i avoid places that sauce their BBQ for the customers.

sauce on the meat usually tells folks that my BBQ isnt that great so here have some sauce so you cant tell i screwed it up...

i think thats why I think french cooking is usually heavily sauced since the food is kinda bad.

but i digress, corn on the cob, mashed taters, fresh bread, raw onions, fried okra, onion rings, corn bread, pickles, pinto beans, cole slaw, mexican rice, or potato salad are all good sides and im prolly leaving out quite a few.

Back