How do you like and use your slow N sear

I you want "just" a grate I wouldn't buy the SnS. But if you want other SnS "stuff", the grate is a good deal in their bundles. The SnS grate is equivalent to the standard Weber grates in gauge and quality, if you eventually get a good one, but stainless.

I you want "just" a grate I wouldn't buy the SnS. But if you want other SnS "stuff", the grate is a good deal in their bundles. The SnS grate is equivalent to the standard Weber grates in gauge and quality, if you eventually get a good one, but stainless.

Agreed... Other than the larger flip side (the same size as the SnS) and the easy spin feature (which can be replicated with a right angle grinder) the stainless construction was the only benefit of the SnS cooking grate. Most of my cooks are on the WSC now so I don't use the SnS cooking grate that much.

So tell me about the KillaGrilla grates.. Any advantage over the OE WSC stainless grates? Are they available in 27" for the WSC?

Agreed... Other than the larger flip side (the same size as the SnS) and the easy spin feature (which can be replicated with a right angle grinder) the stainless construction was the only benefit of the SnS cooking grate. Most of my cooks are on the WSC now so I don't use the SnS cooking grate that much.

So tell me about the KillaGrilla grates.. Any advantage over the OE WSC stainless grates? Are they available in 27" for the WSC?

How is the easy spin feature (which can be replicated with a right angle grinder)? Thanks

It’s for an old 22
Thanx for the quick reply and how is the SS Grate on your Weber 26" holding-up? I am now thinking I need to add a Weber 26" along-side of my Weber Performer Deluxe which is fitted with SS SNS Easy Spin Grate which has been a real winner.

Thanx for the quick reply and how is the SS Grate on your Weber 26" holding-up? I am now thinking I need to add a Weber 26" along-side of my Weber Performer Deluxe which is fitted with SS SNS Easy Spin Grate which has been a real winner.
Funny how that works I really want a performer deluxe now. The Weber 26” grate is very nice, I don’t see any need to upgrade.

I made something similar to that out of two small charcoal baskets put them together and made one big one attached to a grate for barbecuing eventually I just gave it to my son he still use it because I do more smoking then anything else but Tim i have to say your food display is awesome it looks very delicious 😋

How did you like using the 22" SNS deluxe?
Like stated earlier...mine lives inside the kettle with the water pan out.
Having the new E6 I don't use the kettle for smoke a ton anymore.
Yours probably will stay in there too, its a common thing, if you get the right amount of lit coals you can get lots of raw charcoal in there too, burns for a pretty long time.

How did you like using the 22" SNS deluxe?
Like stated earlier...mine lives inside the kettle with the water pan out.
Having the new E6 I don't use the kettle for smoke a ton anymore.
Yours probably will stay in there too, its a common thing, if you get the right amount of lit coals you can get lots of raw charcoal in there too, burns for a pretty long time.
That’s the plan, I don’t get it for low and slow. It’s been awesome so far! I like that you can take the water pan out.

Try a low n slow in there for sure though.....it is all I had at first and I was smoking butts and ribs and everything in there....
It will do the job, and pretty good actually....save a bunch of charcoal too. Worth a shot to try it once for sure. I even started smoking small picanha on the Jumbo Joe, saves charcoal and that doesn't take too long to do.
Lit charcoal, wood hunk combined doesn't leave a lot of room for raw charcoal though, something to keep in mind bit it burns across the basket and when there is 1/4 left, shake it down and reload...that should take care of most of your needs right there.
It is by far may favorite accessory. I have even done wings with it, a full basket of glowing coals mind you but works as good as a small basket on each side, maybe a bit better even. I haven't done the wings with briq's, just using jealous devil.

How is the easy spin feature (which can be replicated with a right angle grinder)? Thanks
LOL.. it spins easily!

No, really... there is no bump stop at each of the cooking grate support tabs.. it just spins smoothly. I had used an angle grinder on the small protruding nubs on the bottom of the OE GBS and it spun just as good so I wouldn't recommend the Easy Spin Grate just for that. I wanted the larger flip side panel, which is the same size as the SNS basket. And most important.. I needed stainless since I live on the water.

No easy spin needed on the WSC because there aren't any tabs to hold the cooking grate.

Now that SNS is cut down a half inch it fits perfectly in the WSC.

If anyone is unsure whether there is value in the SNS for their cooking style, just make a Bro-N-Sear. I used it for two seasons and then gave it away. Regret doing that. :cry:

Back