How do I Know Which Generation?

PDay

TVWBB Fan
Hi, I'm watching and EX6 on eBay which the seller says is 3 years old. How will I know if it is one of the original models that had issues with the pellet feed?

Many thanks

It really doesn't have to matter. I have an original EX6 and I removed the finger guard and added UHMW tape to the long bottom in the hopper and waxed the walls of the hopper to improve pellet flow. I haven't had a flameout in 34 months of use. Good luck deciding.

To toss in my 2 cents and add to what Lew said above. The biggest hardware difference is the 1 piece auger. The rest are small changes. The other big changes were done with software updates to make it operate better/smoother.

To toss in my 2 cents and add to what Lew said above. The biggest hardware difference is the 1 piece auger. The rest are small changes. The other big changes were done with software updates to make it operate better/smoother.
I think that it's worth adding that all Smokefires run the same software and firmware. Weber says that it's a software upgrade to the Gen2, which it is. It was also an upgrade to all Gen 1 grills.

Back