Home ground round & bacon burgers

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Yesterday I finally dusted the cobwebs off the old grinder, and headed to the store for some beef to grind for burgers.
Had chuck roast in mind, but that changed when I saw the price was about 2 bucks more per lb. than the 'on sale' boneless round steak for $2.69 lb.
Knowing it would need more fat I decided to use bacon.
Cut the 1.1 lb steak into pieces, topped with bacon, and firmed in freezer:
100_3469.jpg

Then ground it up, and hit it with some Montreal Steak Seasoning:
100_3470.jpg

Cooked some bacon & onion on foil.
Grilled a pineapple (first time for me) using Chris A's recipe with butter, not coconut milk:
100_3473.jpg

Grilled the burgers over mostly lump:
100_3474.jpg

Put some bacon fat sauted onion, and a piece of bacon on each, then topped with slices of Farmer's cheese:
100_3475.jpg

I used potato buns.
Due to all the prep time involved, chips became the side:
100_3476.jpg

Bottom line: Excellent burgers!
Next time I will add more bacon to the grind, and hope to remember the dash of cold water as described somewhere on the board.
Oh, and the pineapple?
Served still warm with ice cream was Killer!
Thanks for viewing!
Bob

Man those look tasty Bob, I like the idea of mixing the bacon with the beef. I'm a big fan of grilled pineapple to. I need to try the Burgers but I don't have the grinder any suggestions? Thanks

Thanks guys!
Shaun,
As stated by Kevin, I've heard of using a food processor, or attachments to mixers for grinding, although I haven't tried either.

Bill, congrats on your 4,000th post!

Looks great Bob!

Ya cobwebs on the grinder, let me go see if I can find it.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Jim!
I have an Oster 1/3 hp grinder that I bought about 15 years ago. Not the best, but gets the job done for what little I use it.

Michael,
I cooked them until they were just barely pink in the center.
It was cured/smoked bacon (think ham).
I've made/eaten bacon wrapped ABT's that were less done/cooked, bacon wise.

Back