Home Depot

JohnO

TVWBB Member
I was in home depot recently and they have weber apple wood chunks! Last year the only had hickory in the Home Depot by me but now apple wood chunks. Just thought I would share.

About 2 weeks ago I purchased apple chunks at my local home depot. They also had cherry, hickory and mesquite chunks.

FYI,
doitbest.com has much better prices

They ship free to your local store. They have Hickory, Apple, Cherry, Pecan....maybe Mesquite as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnO:
I was in home depot recently and they have weber apple wood chunks! Last year the only had hickory in the Home Depot by me but now apple wood chunks. Just thought I would share. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My local store had a spot on the shelves, but only mesquite and apple. Looking forward to finding some. Guess I better check again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Cutchen:
<=====
I only cook with an Android. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boo!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Luis L.:
FYI,
doitbest.com has much better prices

They ship free to your local store. They have Hickory, Apple, Cherry, Pecan....maybe Mesquite as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The BEST deal on the internet IMO

My Home Depot now carries cherry, apple, hickory and mesquite chunks. They also carry chips of each kind as well. Oddly enough, the nursery that I tend to get wood from and that typically runs out of wood in the winter time, is now carrying pecan, oak, and all of the above-mentioned chunks.

I found apple chunks at my Home Depot too. I snatched the last two bags. Hopefully these will be regular stocked items.

I've been using wild cherry mostly (I cut down a tree a couple years ago), so I'm the one buying the bag of hickory chunks from HD.
icon_biggrin.gif

Checked HD by me today and they had Hickory, Mesquite, Apple and Cherry. 5 lb bags for $6 and change. Nice looking chunks but I figured I'd only get about 3 or 4 cooks out of it. Nice to see the apple and cherry though. That's new around here. Thanks for the heads up!

Back