Home Depot Spring Black Friday Sale

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We were in Home Depot yesterday and saw several pallets of Kingsford BB all shrink wrapped on display. It goes on sale today. The price wasn't posted but I asked a sales clerk and he said he thought it was going to be $9.98. Two packs, 18.5 lb. bags. (Tag in photo says the 10th, but he said they were releasing it today) FYI.

Last edited:
Heading to HD as soon as the rain lets up a little. Same deal here in Wisconsin. Sale supposed to last thru Sunday. Down to my last two bags.

Just came back from Home Depot with 10 twin packs. I asked if there was a limit and the guy said do you want the whole pallet, no limits at our HD.

I assume this is the newest style of Kb.
Anyone tried or compared it to the last style?

Except for being 18.6lb bags instead of 20lb I can't see anything that says new / improved or anything that says it's different. If the winds die down a little I'll give the new stuff a try tonight and report back here tomorrow.

Here's a picture of the old and new. The new is on the bottom, looks the same to me.
S1031687_zpsb1xu5qu5.jpg

Last edited:
You da man Rich!
Somewhere on here Chris has talked about the newest stuff.
More char wood I think, hence the lower weight per bag.

Except for being 18.6lb bags instead of 20lb I can't see anything that says new / improved or anything that says it's different. If the winds die down a little I'll give the new stuff a try tonight and report back here tomorrow.

Here's a picture of the old and new. The new is on the bottom, looks the same to me.
S1031687_zpsb1xu5qu5.jpg

Rich, would it be possible to take say 10 of each and weigh the ten new and ten old to see what the difference is? If the percent difference is the same as the percentage difference of the bags, that would give us some idea. Just a thought.

Back