Holy Grails of Collecting Thread

Benny Gilbert

TVWBB Member
Hey, y'all! Got a few questions for everyone here just out of curiosity. Asked these on the WKC forum, so I figured I would ask here too:

1. What do you consider to be the Holy Grail of Weber Grill collecting? Is there just one item or do you put multiple grills there in your own opinion?

2. What is your personal Holy Grail item that you would like to get for your own collection (if you don't already own it)?

For me,
1. In terms of actually released grills, the Westerner or an original 1952 Kettle may top the list, but you could make the argument for various other vintage models or even the unique one-offs we've seen pop up over the years.

2. I'd LOVE to own one of the big Stainless Steel Ranch Kettles from the Weber Grill Restaurants. That or make one myself but it would cost a lot of money to do so. Also, I'd love to build a replica of the Wishing Well one day as none are known to exist currently, if at all.

I'd love to hear what everyone's thoughts are and drum up some good conversation. If you want to post some photos of your grails or wants here, that would be cool too! Fire away, folks!

If my current collection were all deep ocean blue along with a large blue big green egg that would be cool.

Maybe trade the newer performer for a first gen SSP and swap the genesis1000 for the blue 1990 Genesis 3 in the garage.

I’m super curious to see everyone’s answers because I always like looking at cool toys.

For me, I don’t know if I have a holy grail for Webers. Maybe the Galley Que (http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2019/08/24/1960s-weber-galley-que/), or a colored 26”. Might discover something based on the answers here.

more time with my parents on the deck making feasts would be the leader for me

I agree with this whole-heartedly. I’ve been super lucky to have been able to spend significant time recently with the folks cooking outside, but I know this isn’t going to last forever.

If my current collection were all deep ocean blue along with a large blue big green egg that would be cool.

Maybe trade the newer performer for a first gen SSP and swap the genesis1000 for the blue 1990 Genesis 3 in the garage.
Cobalt Blue is actually my favorite color that Weber has done so I'm down! XD In fact I wouldn't mind owning a Blue SSP myself.

I think the holy grail of all things Weber has to be one of George's original kettles with the provenance to prove that he personally used it.

My grail for a while was the original 14.5" WSM from the early 80's and I got one of those quite a few years ago. My second grail was...well, I'll be making a video about that soon. :)

I think the holy grail of all things Weber has to be one of George's original kettles with the provenance to prove that he personally used it.

My grail for a while was the original 14.5" WSM from the early 80's and I got one of those quite a few years ago. My second grail was...well, I'll be making a video about that soon. :)
You got me curious Chris... looking forward to it!

I've seen examples of some rare ones but I don't recall seeing a wishing well.
ccf6f3e89e32d4d864e702b2e827605a--wishing-well-barbecue.jpg

Aim high! Getting ANY example of those original kettles in ANY condition would be a miracle.
The closest we have so far are the one or two flat lid 1953-55 Kettles that have popped up, and the OG Weber Kettle currently at their HQ. I'm sure there's gotta be more out there though. One day, one of us is sure to come across it!

Hey, y'all! Got a few questions for everyone here just out of curiosity. Asked these on the WKC forum, so I figured I would ask here too:

1. What do you consider to be the Holy Grail of Weber Grill collecting? Is there just one item or do you put multiple grills there in your own opinion?

2. What is your personal Holy Grail item that you would like to get for your own collection (if you don't already own it)?

For me,
1. In terms of actually released grills, the Westerner or an original 1952 Kettle may top the list, but you could make the argument for various other vintage models or even the unique one-offs we've seen pop up over the years.

2. I'd LOVE to own one of the big Stainless Steel Ranch Kettles from the Weber Grill Restaurants. That or make one myself but it would cost a lot of money to do so. Also, I'd love to build a replica of the Wishing Well one day as none are known to exist currently, if at all.

I'd love to hear what everyone's thoughts are and drum up some good conversation. If you want to post some photos of your grails or wants here, that would be cool too! Fire away, folks!
Love to find an old chromoveil.

Right now my oldest find was this early 60’s SJ that I picked up for $10 last summer

Attachments

• 48197D28-6DBF-4B48-B36E-399B93565F35.jpeg
    48197D28-6DBF-4B48-B36E-399B93565F35.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 15

Back