Hmmmm ... new season of BBQ Pitmasters ?

Hopefully I'll be able to watch this weekend. I usually watch those Saturday or Sunday mornings while the wife sleeps in.

Finally watched whole hog this morning. Was really cool to see some familiar faces from episodes past. I'm bummed that was the end. Hopefully they will do another season but I won't hold my breath.

The fake drama in so many of the BBQ shows turned me off of them, so I missed season 1 of BBQ USA.

Season 2 is airing now, and I decided to give it a try. It is actually pretty good. It's one of the few Q-comp shows that skips the manufactured drama and takes you behind the scenes a bit to learn some tips and techniques from the competitors.

I also wonder if the bbq/smoking craze has run its' course, like most do. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have another season of BBQ Pitmasters with Myron, Tuffy and judge #3 to be decided, with an entire new group of competitors.

Covid caused so many people to buy smokers and now with the prices as they are, I'll bet a good percentage don't even use their smokers that much anymore.

I watched the Canadian BBQ show, which I can't remember the name of right now, and enjoyed it, except for the host. The mystery items were really unique and watching them prepare them was educational as well.

I used to watch all the shows I could, and now, not so much. Just like anything in life, it gets to a point to move on.

Back