Hmmm...What to Q this weekend?

Erik Snyder

TVWBB Fan
I usually make up my mind when I get to the farmers market. I might try the injected pulled pork. What is anyone else doing this weekend?

I am sitting here waiting for my Brother to show up with 3 butts and 2 packer briskets. probably have them on by 9 am and should be done by 6 or 7pm today.

I've been on vacation the past week but its been raining here (massachusetts) all week and Ive had the flu. But, I did my first faux pastrami yesterday and made ruebens for supper last night.I was pretty surprised how well it tasted. I was going to do a couple pork shoulders today and vacuseal them for later but my wife came home from Costco with 2 racks of spares and a 2 pack of Kingsford. The ribs are on now.

After Smoke Day and Memorial day weekend I've got to admit I'm a little burned out on smoking, so I piked-up a 20 oz rib steak for myself and a small NY for my SO. Doing them w/Baked potatos and grilled corn. I've got a couple great reds to drink with it but I'm "detoxing" after Smoke Day and Memorial Day weekend. Cheers . . . NOT
icon_frown.gif

I too, was burned out on smoking and eating leftover PP and ribs.

Mommy was out w/ some friends tonight. So, in between feeding the newborn, my 19 month old son and I managed to chow on some Roadside chicken, wild rice, and sauteed green beans that I did w/ some OJ and a dash of sesame oil. That kid is a good eater, but I've never seen him inhale food like he did tonight. Another testament to the RS chicken.

We didnt get the meat on until 11:30 this morning but the meat is all pulled packed and ready for the party Sunday. 10 1/2 hours total. We had a lot of fun.

Well that's the last time I grill sober. Man did I screw those steaks up. I haven't done a steak that bad in 20 years. I tried the "dwelling" method in my ceramic and I don't like it.

Well, we had unexpected company yesterday and had one of the better grill sessions that we have had in a very long time for somethimg totally unplanned. The wife made a ground turkey fattie that contained two eggs,cilantro, worchester sauce, onion and some pepperjack cheese, we also had two strip steaks, some mahi mahi, red potato salad, and a green salad, and I'll be darned if it didn't come out perfect. We reverse seared everything and used a small piece of apple wood and the flavors were wonderful. Just wish I had the foresight to take some pictures of the end results, but I pretty much tried to drink for both Larry R and myself, and didn't get it done. Feeling rather well this morning, so it must not have been too many beers, but I tried Larry.

Back