High heat vs Low & slow

chris comer

TVWBB Super Fan
After blowing my 1st brisket attempt a few months back I have been reluctant to try another. As luck would have it while shopping at Sams Sunday morning a brisket lept from the meat case and landed in my shopping cart in the exact spot that was being reserved for pork butts. Anyway I was thinking of getting up early this Sunday morning and starting what I expect would be about a 12 hour cook. Now I'm wondering if I should try the high heat method.
Which way would offer the best chance of success? And does anyone notice much difference in the final product? If so what? I hope not to reach the level of frustraion that FJ expressed in his earlier post...recommendations please. Thanks.....Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chris comer:
Now I'm wondering if I should try the high heat method.
Which way would offer the best chance of success? And does anyone notice much difference in the final product? If so what? I hope not to reach the level of frustraion that FJ expressed in his earlier post...recommendations please. Thanks.....Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chris, High Heat. All the info you need is in here.
icon_wink.gif

Chris, did a nice flat on Monday. Let it cook in the 300 deg. range for 4 hours, then foiled and cooked for about 2 1/2 hours till done. I am a high heat fan especially with briskets.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chris, did a nice flat on Monday. Let it cook in the 300 deg. range for 4 hours, then foiled and cooked for about 2 1/2 hours till done. I am a high heat fan especially with briskets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats exactly what I did, came out perfect. I recommend taking off the point and leaving it unfoiled. I provides an unlimited bark source for nibbling.

Back