High heat BBQ Gloves

PaulG

TVWBB Fan
Would anyone who reads this post please share what BBQ gloves you use! Mine have woren out and I am interested to see what everyone uses! Thank You!

For high heat, something like a welding glove works well. Especially if it is long and goes up your arms a bit.

I have the black Weber gloves and they work very well. They go about half way up your forearm which helps a lot.

I use some green leather welders gloves that were made by Wells Lemont and they work like a charm.

I have a pair I bought at a fireplace shop, intended for taking care of your open hearth fireplace, rather than a barbecue. They are by far the best I've used...even better than my welding gloves from a welding supply. I've actually had the leather on the fingertips smoking, and couldn't feel it inside the glove. Sadly, they're so old that the leather is getting stiff and the stitching in the seams is giving up. I hate to think about trying to replace them.

For coal, chimeny and grate handling a cheap pair of welding gloves from home depot are my go to's.

For hot food, I also have a pair of orange silicone gloves from amazon that are good for handling large cuts likes butts, whole birds or full racks.
They are dishwasher safe and using the gloves is easier then tongs and less damage on bark.

I have a pair I bought at a fireplace shop, intended for taking care of your open hearth fireplace, rather than a barbecue. They are by far the best I've used...even better than my welding gloves from a welding supply. I've actually had the leather on the fingertips smoking, and couldn't feel it inside the glove. Sadly, they're so old that the leather is getting stiff and the stitching in the seams is giving up. I hate to think about trying to replace them.

Halfway through your post I was getting excited and getting ready to ask where you got them, then when I got to the end, I got sad.

Unless you replace them and share with us where you got the new ones!

I'm looking for a really good pair of welding or fireplace gloves...The fireplace gloves I saw on Amazon said they may be too bulky for grilling.

The fireplace gloves I saw on Amazon said they may be too bulky for grilling.

Don't believe that. I have an old pair of gloves that are basically winter work gloves. Very thick insulation (probably before Thinsulate). They are a bit bulky, but I can grab anything and be okay. If/when I'm in the market for another pair, I'd check out those fireplace gloves - especially if they're thicker/bulkier than welding gloves.

For handling the food, I have some polyurethane gloves. Definitely not good enough. I'll get something like those thick silicone gloves next time.

I've been using welders gloves for years. On my second pair at this point. They work great. Heard great things about The Ove Glove but have never tried them myself.

Ove Gloves is all I've ever used. They are fantastic. I've had the same pair for over 8 years. They are great insulators of heat, comfortable and even washable. I received a pair of HT Silicon gloves for Christmas and will be trying those out as well.

I would add, those silicone gloves are hard to get off. But they do allow for handling of hot meat very efficiently for me.

Welding gloves except for food handling. For that I use those cheap white cotton gloves from harbor freight. To keep hot liquids fats and such from penetrating the loose weave I slip those disposable plastic gloves on underneath. Got a pair of the orange silicon ones from Amazon for Christmas. Used them last night. Hate them! Tried to take them off to foil a butt and couldn't get them off. Super slick and too thick to wrap that first butt with foil. Anyway that's what I use. Might have to try that ove glove...

Last edited:

Back