HI-TEMP FOOD GRADE 41008 Anti-Seize Compound,

You're not putting food on it. Simply lubricating the threads of the screws. The stuff you showed from Amazon is WAY over kill for the application on the grills #1 and #2 exposed to the environment we see in a grill ferrous and aluminum materials corroding together it will fail and not work. Also just for giggles and grins grab an MSDS for both products and I'll lay odds you will be VERY surprised how "unsafe" that product is. One other thing used the way Never Seize should be used there is no safety issue anyway as it would NEVER come in contact with food. YOu're simply using a minuscule amount on threads (most of which are OUTSIDE the grill).

I agree the small amount we are using in the grill should not be an issue. You seem to be a little agitated over my post. I certainly do not have the experiences and knowledge in grills as you do and I like many on here look to you for advise.

I'm just stating what I was told by the tech at the company that sells both of theses products. I only paid $9.00 for this and it is about the same as the other products. I was just looking for a anti seize product that would handle the heat and ran across the one on Amazon. Then I thought I would do a little research. If you disagree you may want to call and talk to the folks at the company that makes and sells this product.

I certainly can't see a reason not to use it.

Not agitated. Just being "expressive". I ran into a similar thing with this so called "food safe" BS on my mixer business. There is so called "food safe" grease and I decided to check the MSDS for it. When you read the MSDS and compare it to the an MSDS from plain old wheel bearing grease both are as toxic as the other. Bottom line if you don't want to "eat it" don't put it in your food LOL and no I don't "bite" Just steak!

Back