Hi, My name is Van and I'm a WSM smoker-holic

Van

TVWBB Fan
Hi, My name is Van and I'm a WSM smoker-holic.
Mercy sakes alive. I told my Dr that I'm a smoker-holic and he said, he is too. That there is some good stuff.
Man, I'm really dig'n my Weber Smokey Mountain smoker.
The WSM was a great thing to get. It controls the heat very well and is easy to use.
Ribs: Big hit at home and work.
Boston But: Took some to churh and every bit of it was gone. As in, licked the plate gone.
A Brisket is next and I have it well planned...sort of. I've been reading about here and in my books. Also have been watching the Vids on bbq pit boys.
Thanks for your help with reducing my learning curve.
You guys rock

Hehehe I don't see anything wrong with that, Van. I loves me some smoke as well. Glad to hear you found a doctor who agrees that smoking may be good for you.

Hey van
I have had the exact same experience. I've done chicken , pork shoulder and ribs so far and they all came out fantastic!
I should have gotten a WSM years ago.....I am having so much fun with this thing. Country style ribs next and then on to brisket. Whoopeeee!

so is this the Smoker's Anonymous thread? Great! I've been looking for an addiction support group :)

Been smoking a lot of ribs and butt lately, man its just so good. I'll echo Frank, shoulda got a WSM years ago.. just got my Weber back in Feb -loving it.

Hey Ron! I'm over in Lawrenceville. You're not the Ron I ran into at Costco and we talked BBQ forever are you?

Not me. I'm pretty sure the wsm is trash, so much so, I bought a turkey and a big butt to test it out again. Sure it will be a bust, probably have to test again and again and again and so on till I throw this thing out with the rest of the trash........10-20 years from now.......I got no addiction, none at all..............

Van, I hear ya, and the wsm is quite the smoker for the $$. Smoking is so easy though, so don't drink too much, eat too much, or sit on your *** too much. lol...

Anyhow, keep it simple, try different things, and you'll do well. Although I smoke other stuff, my bbq trinity is butts, spares, and briskets. Nothing like some sweet smoke to make stuff better, though. Lunch was pecan smoked and creole rubbed bologna....heated up by frying in a cast iron skillet, then put between a couple slices bread with some mustard bbq sauce. Pick up one of the cracker-sized little bologna rolls, score, rub, and smoke for a while. Doesn't hardly take any space up on the cooker. :wsm:

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of smoking Ribs on the WSM, we tried to carry this message to non-smoke-aholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Back