Hi from northwest GA

Chris McDowell

My wife got me a 14.5" WSM the other day. I was going to trade it in for an Akorn, but decided to keep it after reading about Harry Soo. A guy at work is a big fan of the Akorn so that's all I ever heard about. I think I'll like the WSM a lot. I also have a weber kettle. I got it a couple of years ago when I switched to charcoal grilling. I've tried to smoke a few things in it, but the WSM will be my first experience with a real smoker.

Also, I like to make cooking and DIY videos so I made an unboxing and setup video showing the 14.5 version which I received. If you're interested, it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=O70u7lDwBII

Please be gentle. I am such a novice that I might say the wrong part.

Welcome to the forum Chris. This is a great place to hang out and all here are friendly and very willing to help and give advice. We will look forward to seeing pics of your cooks. Congrats on that WSM. It is a wonderful smoker and will give you many years of service. Harry Soo is a great teacher and you can learn a lot from him. After taking his class last month, I have been able to up my game a lot. Never be afraid to ask questions. Not only will it help you but the same questions you ask will be problems that others need help with. So by asking your questions, you are also helping others. That is one of the things that makes this forum the best one on the web. Just my opinion but many here will agree. Also, your family and friends will love the food you prepare for them.

Welcome Chris and your going to love your WSM. Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

Back