Hi from NJ - 2005 Summit Platinum D6

Peggy

Hi everyone. We are Weber fans and proud owners of two grills. Our kettle grill was a wedding gift 41 years ago and still works great. My husband got a rare ugly cancer and I lost my grill master. Didn't look at the grills much for two years but now I'm going to try and learn how to use them properly. The gas grill needed a deep cleaning and the ignition things need replacing. I just received them. Saw a few videos that make it look easy. LOL. I entered the cabinet section yesterday and discovered a messy bottom tray (63630) that I would love to replace but can't find it anywhere. Should I just put the gloves on and start scrubbing? The grill is actually in excellent condition for it's age!

Hi Peggy, WELCOME!!!!!! It's so nice to see another female here

I am soo sorry about your husband. This Nov., we will have our 41st Anniversary.

This is the best place to be. Not only are they very friendly here, but very helpful. Whatever the question or help needed, they are here for you with ALL the answers, so hope you stick around. This is the place. Hope you have some good recipes to share. lol

Hi Peggy, WELCOME!!!!!! It's so nice to see another female here

I am soo sorry about your husband. This Nov., we will have our 41st Anniversary.

This is the best place to be. Not only are they very friendly here, but very helpful. Whatever the question or help needed, they are here for you with ALL the answers, so hope you stick around. This is the place. Hope you have some good recipes to share. lol
Thanks Joan! Dave was the grill king and I gave ideas, cleaning and prep. We loved using the rotisserie ...it was impressive and had great results. I think I'm going to enjoy this site. It will definitely help me master our grills!

Thanks Joan! Dave was the grill king and I gave ideas, cleaning and prep. We loved using the rotisserie ...it was impressive and had great results. I think I'm going to enjoy this site. It will definitely help me master our grills!
Peggy, you are a lot braver than I am. I don't think I could do what you are doing.

If you were ckiser I could help. But I think you got this. All help you need just ask.
The gas grill sub sectionwill be your best friend to get that grill going and to make sure you comprehend everything. Enjoy. We are happy to help and eager to see you succeed

My condolences Peggy and welcome. The people here are wonderful and I am sure they will help as you explore this grilling challenge. Don’t be afraid to ask!

Back