Hi from Connecticut

RSchmecker

Hey guys. Been lurking on the forums for a while now. I finally bought a WSM 18”. I’ll be running it this weekend. Going to put everything I’ve learned here to the test.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here. Feel free to ask questions. Tons of knowledge and support here. Enjoy the 18 wsm!!!

Hey guys. Been lurking on the forums for a while now. I finally bought a WSM 18”. I’ll be running it this weekend. Going to put everything I’ve learned here to the test.
You're going to love it! Hit up the forums here if you run into any hiccups......I predict smooth sailing. What are you cooking?

Oh, and, what's the "R" stand for?

Rich

Welcome. I lived in CT until just recently, moving to New London, NH. Glad to see you here and hope to hear about some grilling masterpieces!

You're going to love it! Hit up the forums here if you run into any hiccups......I predict smooth sailing. What are you cooking?

Oh, and, what's the "R" stand for?

Rich
The R stands for Ron. Did the first initial and last name.

I have a pretty good line up for the weekend. Picked up a pork butt, a 8# brisket and a rack of spare ribs. I’m having people over Monday for my wife’s birthday so I’m planning on starting the pork butt early sunday and then starting the brisket Sunday night so it’ll be done for Monday afternoon. Going to do the ribs while the brisket works on Monday morning. The brisket has me a little nervous but I think it’ll be fine. Worst case it ends up in the oven. No way I’m trashing a $65 piece of meat.

The R stands for Ron. Did the first initial and last name.

I have a pretty good line up for the weekend. Picked up a pork butt, a 8# brisket and a rack of spare ribs. I’m having people over Monday for my wife’s birthday so I’m planning on starting the pork butt early sunday and then starting the brisket Sunday night so it’ll be done for Monday afternoon. Going to do the ribs while the brisket works on Monday morning. The brisket has me a little nervous but I think it’ll be fine. Worst case it ends up in the oven. No way I’m trashing a $65 piece of meat.
Sounds like a great plan, Ron! Birthday feast!

Hi Ron, WELCOME!!!!!!!

Please tell your wife I wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! 🎂

Good luck with your cooks and hope to hear all about the big day. ☺️

Welcome Ron.

I lived in Woodbridge until I was a teen. Family moved out west in the early 70s.

I keep threatening to go back and visit.

Welcome, Ron! I'm sure your barbecue is going to be just fine...because with a name like Schmecker's it has to be good! ;)

Back