HH believer

Andy_E

TVWBB Member
Decided to take the plunge and do a HH brisket. Got a 12.5# brisket, rubbed it down with salt, then added rub. I did another modification of Wild Willy's One-Derful rub. Tight fit on the 18.5 WSM but foil protected the ends and she was all good. When flat hit foiling temp I pulled it off and separated the point and threw some rub on it and put on the bottom grate for burnt ends. Foiled flat fat side up and let it do it's thing. Checked it at 2hrs foiled and it was really close. Took it out of foil and put back on to firm up bark. Turned out AMAZING
icon_cool.gif
. There were several times I was pretty worried about it but everything was great, flat and burnt ends. Wanted to thank everyone here on TVWBB for all the help. My family thinks I'm some kind of food master now
icon_razz.gif

Pix:
Going on
4758339259_3ddb441c96.jpg

All sliced
4758343105_9de006fd56.jpg

Chopped burnt ends
4758974370_eaee1c8afe.jpg

Smoke ring (so-so)
4760204165_f3d30c705b.jpg

Time to eat
4758966922_d4f7eccbc3.jpg

Wow great one.

Still havent used the wsm for a brisket but next weekend i will,if i get near ur resaults im happy.

Bless

I did a HH brisket yesterday and it turned out great. It's a lot like the Smoked & Oven Finished Brisket except at higher temp and in the WSM the whole time. Could only find a 14 pounder, but it was done in 5 hours + a 30 minute rest. Separated the point at the very end and threw it in the freezer so I can play with it another day.

Might be hard to go back to overnight brisket after success with HH.
icon_cool.gif

Regards,
Chris

YOu know...I really have to pull my thumb out and do a brisket. Looks great, man.

Brisket is my new goal for the summer.

Chris, is there any chance of getting a summary for the high heat method in the cooking topics, brisket section? This discussion has been going on for 4 years and is always at the top of the barbequing forum.

On an entirely unrelated topic. I would like to thank you for this web site. It is really easy to forget the tremendous amount of work that must go on to provide such a well put together service. I live on this board every time I even think of smoking and would feel handicapped without it. Thanks again.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

More converts!!!!!!

JMO, I love the HH method because it allows me to do a brisket on a spur of the moment or at tailgate functions.

Keeps me cooking.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G Dechaine:
YOu know...I really have to pull my thumb out and do a brisket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eeeew!

I really have to pull my thumb out <check>
Wash my hands <important unmentioned step>
Do a brisket. <check>

Process control is your friend
wsmsmile8gm.gif

R

Back