Hey my fellow gasers! Question for regarding an old school 330 and a NG fitting

You click the media button in the tool bar at the top of your post and it will allow you to paste the URL of the video there.

I am working on it.....I called my IT guy and he is loading the vids on vinmeo.............now I just went out and took a pic of my silver b flames and they are 1/3 the height of this 330......what gives? Could this be they way Weber intended....like maybe this big monster of a grill was set up with orifices that create height flames to fill and or heat the larger cavity" Here is a pic of my Silver B flames20220221_213112.jpg

Flames look like my E330 originally NG,
Converted to LP with orifices only. This is left and sear on high. There was a breeze, right to left.

20220220_222240.jpg

I cant believe how bad I have messed this up!!!!! The vid up top is from my buddies grill which is a 330 with original burners on it........we jokingly call each other John or Johnny.........and Christian is my IT guy who uploaded the URLs for me.......now Im gunna get u the vid from my grill!!!! Stand by

I friggin did it!!!!! That took me almost 2 hours of my life!!!!!

Hey Dan....your flames are rockin as well. So I am coming to the conclusion that if I tune the one wild yellow tipped burner that I have myself just a propane version of the 330 that naturally has burners that run a higher flame than I am used to seeing with all of my Silver B resto's including my own personal grill. I am again assuming they let the 330's flames run wild because there is a lot more room to heat in the bigger grill. I know u guys must think I am out of my mind by now......but do we agree??? My flames are pretty much normal for a propane 330 and it is NOT converted to NG orifices????

From what I've learned here about ng orifice conversions is that you don't see much of a difference between low and high like you should. Are you seeing anything like that on your grill?

Ok I changed my ad to read propane vs NG...........This resto was not traditional because I got the grill from a 3rd party not the owner that made the changes to the grill......but it looks like we have it figured out now. Thanks!

I think the flame on a NS 330 is going to be higher than on a silver B.

The E330 main burners are rated at 12,667 BTU each
The length of the burner holes on a 330 burner is about 14.5 inches.
874 BTU per inch.

Silver B has 12,000 BTU burners
The length of the burner holes on a silver B is about 18.5 inches
650 BTU per inch

So the E330 burners put out 34% more BTUs per inch, which I think explains the taller flames.

Huh....not bad. That makes perfect sense to me.......the shorter burners creating a higher flame. Now that makes me wonder about the older 300 series with the east west burners that were forever long. I wonder what kind of flame they have....or maybe they just used an orifice that allowed more gas to flow into the tube creating the same strong flames. Either way....another flip and I have learned a lot from this one.
Thanks!!!

Back