Hey Boy! JB BBQ on YouTube - Thoughts?

Michael M.

TVWBB Fan
Just wondering for those of you that have seen a variety of JB's BBQ videos on YouTube. What do you think of the methods and recipes he follows?

He seems to be very much a less is more kind of BBQ'er. Not so much into doing all these little things so many of us do and is more about just doing what needs to be done and letting the smoker do it's thing.

Opinions on JB?
wsmsmile8gm.gif

i started smoking on an ecb and moved to an offset. with so much trouble with both of those junk smokers i really was looking for a smoker that was easy to use.
i found jb,s videos on youtube when researching weber products. if it were not for him,...i may have give up.
as far as following what he cooks, i cant say i have tried any, but i like the less is best means more cooking to me. i try to use the least amount of rubs and use really small pieces of smoke wood so i dont over smoke and let the taste of the meat shine thru.
as far as i am concerned...he sold me on the wsm.

I enjoy watching his videos. The man can cook! Not only on the smoker but the sides he makes from scratch. Bet he would be fun to sit around and drink a few beers with!

The guy is funny no doubt and I really like his "don't do nuthin' stupid" approach about smoking brisket, butts etc.... Not that I don't have my own little details/quirks that I allegedly believe are helping the process.

That said I'm gonna do brisket JB's way this weekend. Keep it simple, salt and pepper rub, and just let it do it's thing.

Yum Boy.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I really like his videos. I really like his Cajun and Southern dishes. It ain't Rocket Science Boy!

I have tried some of his side dishes, like mac n cheese, and tater salid. Its all good.

anybody that dont like JB well they can just stay stupid....... BOY!!!!

I am a big fan of his videos! He is very passionate and entertaining. I have watched him for years and I have learned a lot from him.

So my very first brisket cook went well today using a lot of JB's process and methods. I skipped the "pops" and held out for some end of the day Kentucky bourbon instead.

I used the HH method overall and was happy with the turnout.

Being a back yard BBQ-er out here in CA though, I'd have to say my BBQ love for beef remains with Tri-Tip. Two different cuts of meat to be sure, but for the end product that cut reamins my all time favorite.

I'll brisket again though. It was tasty and good fun to do.

wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back