Help with sourcing parts for S-330

Willy C

Hello nonweldable weber enthusiast,

I'm looking for some help. I have an S-330 that I picked up, I got the grill part working it's an NG to LP conversion via Manifold. Now just need to get the side burner.

1.) My side burner ignition wire is burned. Where can I find a replacement? Pictures attached.

Will something like this work? Not much information.

2.) Where can I find a trivet? Anything works for me. I prefer the original but if can't find one I'm ok with anything that will fit.

Will this work? Anyone know the dimension?

3.) Since this is an NG to LP conversion (I believe converted using manifold)

I have no heat shield in the cabinet. Thinking of using this to leave the tank on the outside. My concern is not having water pool at the bottom of the tank. I think these have some weep holes so it doesn't corrode the tank.

4.) How important to replace this heat shield piece?

Thank you,

Willy

Attachments

• IMG_20240825_155638.jpg
    IMG_20240825_155638.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240826_141749.jpg
    IMG_20240826_141749.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 5
1. You should be able to splice in a new wire. There is nothing special about the wire. The igniter is an old-style pushbutton peizo style. I'm guessing 18 or 20 gauge wire with a heat resistant shrink wrap near the connector.

2. Someone might have a spare trivet. I can check, but I don't think I do. Do you have the round disc that sits on top of the burner? Those tend to get lost in transport

3. and 4.

I would move the tank to the outside. I did that on mine. Given a choice I would have the tank outside.

Cliff notes:
- add a Silver B tank gauge
- move the hard line to the outside

1. You should be able to splice in a new wire. There is nothing special about the wire. The igniter is an old-style pushbutton peizo style. I'm guessing 18 or 20 gauge wire with a heat resistant shrink wrap near the connector.

2. Someone might have a spare trivet. I can check, but I don't think I do. Do you have the round disc that sits on top of the burner? Those tend to get lost in transport

3. and 4.

I would move the tank to the outside. I did that on mine. Given a choice I would have the tank outside.

Cliff notes:
- add a Silver B tank gauge
- move the hard line to the outside

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your quick reply. I definitely looked at your threads and saw all the work you did. You were a life saver.

I live in New England, we can get some pretty bad storms. Are the clips strong enough to hold 40 MPH winds / snow storms?

I have the round disk, just can't find the trivet. If anyone has a spare and willing to sell to me I'd appreciate it.

Do you think a wire replacement is sufficient for the burner? it looks like the white piece is burnt. The wire is definitely loose and I tried to hold it up and trying to ignite it, but doesn't seem to work.

BTW Dan big fan of your work and information share throughout the forum!

Thanks,

Willy

I live in New England, we can get some pretty bad storms. Are the clips strong enough to hold 40 MPH winds / snow storms?

Not sure what clips you are referring to. The tank hanging on the gauge isn't going anywhere. I never use the thing that locks the tank down to the tank holder.

Do you think a wire replacement is sufficient for the burner? it looks like the white piece is burnt. The wire is definitely loose and I tried to hold it up and trying to ignite it, but doesn't seem to work.

It could be the igniter is bad. They sell a kit, though I've never needed one.

edit: and for the price, if I did need one I might just use a stick lighter.

They also list a wire, but that's an expensive piece of wire.

My last comment is, water is going to pool up inside the cabinet no matter what. Rain drips down the sides of the the lid, hit the frame and drips inside between the side of the frame and the cookbox. I have not found a way to keep the water out so no matter what you do that's something to deal with. My work around is to move the grill under a covered patio for the rainy season. I have a cover but that doesn't keep the moisture out.

Thanks Dan. So I looked at the igniter it looks like it's sparking at the bottom of the white piece. Hence why it's burned at the bottom.

The igniter part for $40 is crazy. I'll stick with lighting it with a lighter.

Does anyone know how to disassemble the igniter piece and replace with an aftermarket? Was this done before?

Back