Help with Genesis II LX S240 kind of a Unicorn.

It is a great feeling to fix those kind of problems.That is one of the problems with electronics on outdoor appliances that go through lots of heat cycles. Funny how it took some 30 year old knobs to get it all diagnosed.

Thanks guys.......yep that was my first LX 240.....I have done an LX big boy once before but as I recall everything worked and it was a quick flip. This one had mystery wires, turn and shoot, lighted knobs, digital tank scale, etc. I really like the grill and it would be a great keeper but I just cant replace my Gen II 330....she is a beast!

image.jpg
Thanks guys.......yep that was my first LX 240.....I have done an LX big boy once before but as I recall everything worked and it was a quick flip. This one had mystery wires, turn and shoot, lighted knobs, digital tank scale, etc. I really like the grill and it would be a great keeper but I just cant replace my Gen II 330....she is a beast!
Jim these are my daily grills for now. LX240 and LX340. I sold the LX440. Just didn't need anything that big. I've had a lot of Weber's come and go but these have stayed with me for a while. I thought they'd get beat out by now. I even had a new Weber SPX 435 smart Grill but nope. Eventually they will be replaced by a Genesis 1000 and Genesis Jr. But I do like these a lot and that's saying a lot because after working on the old ones and using them it's hard to go back to the new ones.

If I lived anywhere near you I would be buying that 240 off of you. Trying to find another one while I still can.

Last edited:

Back