Help identifying old Weber

RichB NH

TVWBB Fan
I picked up a Genesis grill last summer. It's definitely vintage but the label is worn and unreadable.

It has a brown lid, black durawood slats, and the center burner has burner holes on either side and interlocks to the crossover vertically.

It also has an odd style of regulator connection.

Any ideas?

received_1421444928691993.jpeg

Looks like a good ol’ 1000 series circa late 90’s or so in a lid color that I have never seen in the wild before. Nice piece! Now I need to find one in this color for my collection...

Yeah, I don't know about the black slats. The regulator still has the old quick connect on it that my 98 Genesis came with. I'm going to guess that it's probably a 96 or 97. If you take the control panel off, you may find the sticker with the serial and model #'s on it. Edit: I reread your post and see that you found the sticker, it's just not legible.

Is it a quick connect? Or the reverse thread connects to the tank with a crescent wrench connector?

I’m not sure the black wood nor the Copper lid are factory. Or is the lid?

It looks like a standard durawood grill that someone either dyed or spray painted all of it black. The lid looks factory, although an unusual color and maybe not original to that grill.

The Durawood, doesn't look like it's painted so I suppose it could be dyed, but I haven't spent much time looking at it, it got tucked in the shed and has sat since then. It is in pretty good shape and seems like it is original components especially because of the odd burner style.

I had 2 interested parties in my last Silver flip, and the guy who didn't get it is interested in this one. I wish the label wasn't faded away so I could ID it, It was actually on the outside of the control panel exposed to sunlight and weather so I am sure that is why it is so worn away.

The propane connection doesn't seem to be a quick connect as it has threads on it? It seems like it threaded into the tank where the newer ones you thread into the regulator. If that makes sense.

One thing I did note, on the control panel - Beef 145 Degrees for medium rare?

Attachments

• PXL_20230605_230729955.jpg
    PXL_20230605_230729955.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 6
I think the lid color has to do with the the weird color balance setting in the camera that took the photo. All the color in the photo seems "off".

I do think Weber made grills with black durawood and that also looks like a regular POL connector to me. The lid looks a bit like the burnt orange color, but it is darker than the one I have. The one I have is the only other one I have seen. Maybe it came with the black durawood as some kind of promotional thing.

The photo was the one posted by the seller on Facebook. The lid is definitely brown more than burnt orange. I had intended to keep this grill for personal use since it's so unique and seems to be in good shape. The opportunity to flip it has presented it self so I'll probably take it.

I'm not a huge fan of my platinum C, it's very uneven across the cooking surface, but that's another problem for another thread. I had hoped this grill would be a lot better.

Nice find! Pretty sure Weber shows that same brown lid color as an option in at least one brochure, the one from 1993. But 1993 is too early for Durawood on a 1000, right? I don't think brown shows up in later brochures, unless I missed something.

Nice find! Pretty sure Weber shows that same brown lid color as an option in at least one brochure, the one from 1993. But 1993 is too early for Durawood on a 1000, right? I don't think brown shows up in later brochures, unless I missed something.
My first instinct is that something isn't original to that grill and I think it's either the lid or the durawood.

Black durawood is a real thing: https://tvwbb.com/threads/black-durawood-special-edition-for-target.81808/

I'm using on my FrankenJunior
vb1uvu1xHDU5DE282l-C6UsBQJQFJdCJqxVMuriUjagp3KzqWisRvCK0_CWPAVKLMfN7CknmJjYf3LMfqrwaKqVCfrEZqiQovtVTajP6dVkq8U0326M4v_TOCIf5r1QPifTCvdprm5A=w800

Back