Hello, I’m Skipper a new member living in Sandia New Mexico

Allan Grote

Just 9 months ago, my wife and I lost the home I built 40 years ago in Grand Lake, Colorado to a massive forest fire. The fire took our entire home, our garage- shop and all our belongings including our cars, my woodworking tools and extensive collection of hand tools I used in restoring cars for nearly 60 years.
Thankfully, we’re on the mend, have purchased a nice home in New Mexico we are updating finally have the home quite livable shy of a complete update in color palate.

One of my now pressing projects is to get the built-in Weber gas grill running. Yesterday, I started the check out, found most components are fair to good, the items I’ll need are hopefully available new or used in good condition.

The unit I have is a Weber Platinum Series with 3 burners ( R. side controls) a forest Green cover. I believe the year of manufacture is 2008, coming from the side controls. I also found a tag on the side of the panel having the control knobs with what I think is the serial number.
That number is ER385397.

This is the grill which came with our formerly owned home In NM.
The items I would like to purchase are;
- Frame steel, or stainless (if anyone has one from a parted out unit)
- Griddles, either Cast Iron, or preferably SS tubular, which I’m pretty sure are readily available
- Attaching frame for the rectangular shaped grease funnel. My funnel and drip pan were
Laying on the floor of the cabinet holding the grill along with the drip pan, both of which are
In remarkable good condition, excepting the small attaching device for the small rectangular
drip pan itself.
- 2 of the upper L shaped “ flavorizer” metal pieces. and 1 of the longer lower guards for the
burners ( just like the upper flavorizer pieces, but much longer. These pieces are pretty
Optional as the existing 3 pieces can be used by placing them to outside positions
- Fire starter, my starter used the push type spark generator, I’d like to update to an electronic
Starter if it can fit under the side knob panel? About an inch space provided by the frame?
I’m certain Home Depot, or Amazon have these original type in stock.
- Warming shelf is rusty, but probably available @ H Depot? Not a biggie, but they are nice.

That’s about it for needed parts, I noticed two hanging shelves that are attached inside the lid, but again, these aren’t a big deal.
Yesterday, I thought we might catch a sale on grills that could be adapted, and at a good sale price from Independence Day sales. Problem w just taking the top unit off another grill is the gas valves are all front mount, I considered cutting the countertop all the way through the front of my cabinet, but think it better and much more finished looking to use the same side- top burner knobs...
Thanks to everyone, didn’t really want to write something so long, but We really appreciate the help with where to get the parts.

Attachments

• B354CFB2-FAAD-459A-B86F-46A03E7ABBFB.jpeg
    B354CFB2-FAAD-459A-B86F-46A03E7ABBFB.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 10
  • C8C8B8D8-FEE5-48FA-9B4D-E5758042AA4C.jpeg
    C8C8B8D8-FEE5-48FA-9B4D-E5758042AA4C.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DBEC446A-4498-4F87-AEA3-DA5BD5642EFB.jpeg
    DBEC446A-4498-4F87-AEA3-DA5BD5642EFB.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 10
Greetings Skipper,
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Several of my NorCal union buddies got hit bad this last few years.
I do mechanical stuff as well.
I find that somehow learning to cook better is somewhat mechanical.
Good luck on your new digs.

Greetings Skipper,
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Several of my NorCal union buddies got hit bad this last few years.
I do mechanical stuff as well.
I find that somehow learning to cook better is somewhat mechanical.
Good luck on your new digs.
Thanks Andy, we’re moving forward on the fire loss part. We’ve learned a lot about overcoming a loss, and all the steps we seem to need to go through. At the end of the recovery, we come to how can we help someone else that’s suffered a similar loss.
I worked on my Weber for a few hours of basic cleanup, it’s looking much better now that I’ve gotten things much better cleaned up.
I still don’t know if I can get parts for my older Weber Genesis 3 I think?
Tomorrow, I’m trying to reach Weber to see what they can do to help.
Several of the Weber. member comments have made reference to components to older Weber’s being covered by warranty? Is there a warranty covering grills from rust related problems?
Anyway, Andy I really appreciate your concerns. have a great summer!

Welcome aboard Skipper. Sad to hear of your fire loss but I am sure people here will be able to help with your Weber issues. You might get better response if you post specific questions in the Gas Grill section of the forum. I am in Canada so not much help to you in finding parts. Good luck and I hope you find the answers/parts you need.

Richard

Back