Hello from the Netherlands

Niels B

Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum. After a while of looking around on the forum, I decided to register.

My name is Niels, I live in the Netherlands, 20 years old and a avid bbq fan.
I have a 18.5" (47 cm) Weber OTO, a Smokey Joe Silver and I just finished my mini WSM project.

Well I guess that's enough about myself, short but sweet. ;)

Greetings,
Niels

Welcome to the forum Niels. This is a great place to hangout and to learn and share. Glad to see more young people getting into this wonderful obsession. Sounds like you will fit in here very well.

Welcome Neils, glad to have you on board. You have a nice group of BBQ's and looking forward to seeing some cooks. Don't forget the pics we like them. Again Welcome.:eek:

I have a lot more Weber Q's on my wish list, but they are very expensive here in the Netherlands.

Smokey Joe - $90 (€80)
Smokey Mountain 18.5" / 22" - $510 (€450) / $680 (€600)
Original Kettle Premium 22" (OTP) - $260 (€230)

Still saving money for my future Weber's. ;)

Welcome Niels,
Not all forum members come from the other side of the pond but most do. There is still, however, a fair few of us "old worlders". If you fancy trying cold smoking with your setup, look at the Pro-Q cold smoker. A buddy of mine took his camping with his family and cold smoked some cheese in his Smokey Joe over night (its cooler then). His family were amazed. Not bad for £34!!

And there are even less from my part of the world :)

But since I was born and raised in the Netherlands, I just wanted to say Hello.
Welkom, Niels!

Back