Hello from Texas!

Dave_H_TX

I have been reading/looking around here for about a year or so now... and finally joined! I am a die-hard Weber fan/user and love anything that I can throw on the grill. I really enjoy Texas style BBQ, specifically Brisket and all of the sides that go with. I have been smoking briskets for about 2 years a love every second of the cook. Just wanted to say "Hi" and look forward to learning more about the craft! Here are a few photos from some of my most recent cooks...

My setup Weber 22.5 One Touch Gold with Smokenator
KWhUkc4l.jpg

Christmas cook ~6AM brisket going on
1rFySJDl.jpg

August Cook about to be wrapped
OvusjdMl.jpg

Time for some BBQ!!
wYWVcSXl.jpg

I agree! I have been reading up on WSMs, not sure if I am ready to "re-learn" everything now that I have my setup working like a charm.

Honestly Dave, the WSM is brain dead simple to get a good cook. Follow the recipes on the Weber Virtual Bullet and you are golden. I was a bit nervous as my only other smoker was the Cookshack it is pretty much idiot proof. But ALL my cooks (back bacon, ribs, prime rib roast) have knocked it out of the park. Best 250 bucks I've spent in cookware (save for some of my knives)

Welcome fellow Texan. The WSM is easy. After the third time using it and trusting what everyone was saying here I couldn't be happier.

The brisket looks great! I have a 22.5 Weber One-Touch Gold and had thought about getting a Smokenator. How do you like it? My nephew turned me onto the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" cooker which I am presently experimenting with. My next project is brisket. Up here in northern Minnesota, brisket is just starting to catch on as a grilling/smoking item.

The brisket looks great! I have a 22.5 Weber One-Touch Gold and had thought about getting a Smokenator. How do you like it? My nephew turned me onto the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" cooker which I am presently experimenting with. My next project is brisket. Up here in northern Minnesota, brisket is just starting to catch on as a grilling/smoking item.

I would highly recommend the Smokenator! My first few briskets were done using the minion method with a pan of water in the bottom of my grill. It worked but the Smokenator make it easier to control temps. The 22.5 seems to be the perfect size for this type of setup. My Dad bought one for his 26.75 Weber and he has a much harder time controlling the temperatures.

Back