Hello from SE Louisiana

DaveMc

TVWBB Member
How y'all doing, I just picked up my first WSM 18 yesterday and I am burning it in today. Have read a lot of your posts before joining this forum, and would like to say thanks for the advice already. The idea for wheels was great and have already done that, although I have to exchange them later since in my anxiousness to set up I bought the ones without lock......oh well, lol. Look forward to advice and firing up the smoker, even before use it is already a big step up from my old Brinkman.

12931024_10208739724071378_7022866784580962958_n.jpg

Welcome to the forum Dave, and your going to love your 18.5. Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

Thanks for the welcome, running a high heat burn and hopefully some butts this week.....to nice to cook today, have to ride.
12891565_10208744646794443_7092505927753376788_o.jpg

Welcome to the forum from another LA member! Good thing about LA is that we can smoke and grill all year around.

Ryan

Will firing a Pork Loin on Thursday, having a problem with heat right now.....running hot, even with 2 bottom vents closed and the other cracked. Either way, some meat is hitting it Thursday, lol

First, welcome to the forum and thanks for your service to this great country. Secondly, sounds like you have a wonderful family and I will bet they are going to love that great food. As for the heat issue, once the WSM has some use on it, your temps should be just fine. There are many here who will be happy to help with any questions. Congrats on a great smoker.

Awesome idea about the wheels. I just got a 22.5 WSM and I'm going to have to do that!

Back