Hello from Reading, UK

Aaron-UK

Hello,

I’m Aaron and I live just outside of Reading in the UK. I bought a Weber kettle master touch at the start of the first lockdown over here. I’ve only ever had rubbish cheap BBQs that were on offer at the local supermarket here and was pretty accustomed to only cooking direct heat until it turned blackish.

The Weber kettle changed all of that for me. It came with the heat diffuser and smoker a few racks of ribs and worked ip to bigger cooks like pork belly and it’s been a life changer.

I found this site as I’ve just purchased a used Smokey mountain and it popped up on Reddit. I’m so excited to get it going. I spent today cleaning it up and it’s scrubbed up pretty well! I’ve got 4 racks of ribs in the fridge which I think I’ll do Monday in the WSM!

Quick snaps from todays cook - using the kettle with a vortex for wings. WSM just being heated up as have it a good old clean Today.

C5248B39-2077-458D-9F92-11BB1EEC6A79.jpeg7B29C17C-5344-4475-8C26-507CAB659A4E.jpegA6C793D7-B4C3-44B1-967C-18FD90FFC280.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome Aaron. Wings look Good! I don’t have a WSM but there are lots on here that do so ask questions in the WSM section if you have any.

Hi Aaron. Good to see another UK member. This is the best forum for the WSM and is everything you need to know about it. There are great UK sites available for rubs and sauces. I see you’ve got the large WSM- you’ll feed a lot of happy people with that!

Glad you found us Aaron and glad you joined us. Great looking wings and plate shot! You are going to fit in nicely here. 👍

Back