Hello from Port Hope!

DGordon

Kind people, I acquired my disease whilst touring through South Florida, Largo area; some years ago. :) Went to a Q joint called Michelbob's, had true q ribs and have been on the search for the holy grail ever since. Got a kettle, and worked it and then followed with a new wood handled 18" wsm = late 90's. Played with the charcoal and then went to a Cookshack Model 55. Cookshacks are the bomb for easy Q, and built to restaurant quality. Easy for putting out quantity. I moved from my 18" as for a small family, the 18 could cook way more food than I or my family or friends could ever eat. :) However, honestly,the best tasting stuff I ever made. Weber came out with their 14" and I made the good move to go see one, and it called to me to bring it home. I'm glad I did. I'm an empty nester now but the 14 honestly can cook more even with a party than we can consume. Weber made some really nice mods, and frankly, I'm digging to fire up the charcoal and wood smoke for the real deal. They can even cook full chickens,,, Nothing better. :) My SM55 is now up for sale. :) The 14 will be the bomb for me going forward. Happy to be back in a camp I never left. And thank you Weber for making the small member of the family as I think it's a perfect fit for most regular users. (Families 4 or smaller) = And you can cook 2 8 lb butts which is enough for double digit guests who will love you evermore. :)
Cheers!

Dave.

Dave, welcome to the site! Sounds like you know your way around the art of outdoor cooking! We love to see pictures with your descriptions of your cooks, so snap away!

Back