Hello from Plano,IL

Brandon Stork

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce my self. My name is Brandon Stork ( Proud son of tvwbb member Tim Stork) I am a 28 year old newbie to forums. I am relatively new (average) when it comes to grilling/smoking, unlike my old man who I think is pretty damn impressive with everything he cooks. Only bad part is I just had braces put on for 12-16 months hopefully no more! All that rib eating, finger lickin bbq chicken will have to hold off until I can perfect smoking/grilling my choice of food to say "melt in my mouth" so its easier to eat. If anyone has dealt with kids or them selves with braces who knows any "fall apart/melt in your mouth" food recipes please send em my way. I am big into fish, shredded chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, noodles and rice as of right now because its easy to chew, and does not hurt my teeth. Any and all help would be much appreciated! I am a Union 461 I.B.E.W 4th year electrician apprentice and also attended Motorcycle Mechanics Institute for Harley Davidson. If you have any questions please feel free to ask as I will try my best to help you! Thanks for your time, Brandon

As a fellow Illinois resident, I want to be the first and say welcome aboard. I am sure you will see some recipes you can use until you can get back to the big boys.

Welcome from the east coast , Brandon. Ibew is a great organization. I wasn't smart enough to be an electrician , so I settled for lineman. :cool: Local 335 AFSCME.
Good to have you here , buddy.

Welcome Brandon. Go cook yourself some 3-2-1 ribs and leave them in the foil for a bit longer. Will be fall of the bone tender and will just melt away in your mouth.

Thank you! Could you explain to me what 3-2-1 ribs are? I have a 22.5 Weber one touch gold, I also have smoked/grilled ribs with my old man a couple times but have not heard of the 3-2-1 method?

Last edited:
Welcome Brandon from a retired member Local 150 IUOE heavy equipment operators, mostly cranes.
Find a wok for that grill and make bbq pork fried rice.

Welcome Son!

You'll get the hang out of the forums soon enough. Check out the " Cooking Topics " for recipes and a method for 3-2-1 ribs on the WSM.
You can adapt that for the OTG, and if you have any questions post one on the Barbecue or Charcoal grill forum.
Alot of smart helpful members on the site will offer some guidance.

Pops.

Back