Hello from NH, and help identifying model

Kurt Donnelly

TVWBB Member
Hi folks, I came across this vbb while looking for parts for my Weber. Now I've gone from just wanting to make it fully functional again, to wanting to do a complete restoration. In any case, I can't seem to identify the exact model. Here's a pic of the unit and a pic of the label. The s/n prefix, L1, is not even an option on the Weber manuals page, and the model number comes up blank. Genesis 1000 parts seem to be the right fit, at least for the 13 flavorizer bars. There are some other models that come close, but minor differences in the legs/trays/swing table make them all a non-match.
Any help identifying this model and/or the manual would be greatly appreciated. Also, as I ponder restoration, which it the best sub-forum / page to carry on that conversation? This was my father-in-law's Weber, and although wifey doesn't give it much thought, I think she'd be thrilled if I get this thing back to top form.

Thanks
KD in NH

1713883812865.png1713883902252.png

Welcome Kurt!

Edit: not sure about the model. L1 seems to be Genesis 1, but the righthand side extension is throwing me off.

Gas Grills forum is probably the best sub forum.

Listed at the top are a couple sticky threads worth a read.

Best of luck with the restoration. Please start a thread with your progress and we'll enjoy watching it along the way.

Last edited:
Welcome from Iowa. I'm sure someone here will give you answers to your questions. Looks like a good condition survivor. Good luck.

Welcome Kurt!

Edit: not sure about the model. L1 seems to be Genesis 1, but the righthand side extension is throwing me off.

Gas Grills forum is probably the best sub forum.

Listed at the top are a couple sticky threads worth a read.

Best of luck with the restoration. Please start a tread with your progress and we'll enjoy watching it along the way.
Thanks, with the Genesis 1 lead, I found this brochure here on tvwbb, https://tvwbb.com/docs/1990-weber-genesis-brochure.pdf.
It definitely matches the Genesis 1 from 1990...ish. I've got a real antique on my hands here.
I still can't find a manual but this is a start. I don't see the stickys you mentioned, I did get some links in the welcome letter, I'll go back and take a look. Thanks again.
1713889400128.png

Back