Hello from New Hampshire!

Leo Roy

Hello, after a year and a bunch of requests for Amazon gift certificates I finaly got my Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5. I have had a small weber grille now going on ten years and even though I keep it out all winter, it works as good as it did day one. I knew that Weber was the way to go for a smoker. I have used it three times, the first was a Picnic shoulder for pulled pork. This came out great, took 10 hours. The next two tries were for ribs. I am still working to dial these in as the first were OK but overdone as they fell apart and the rub I used was too spicy. The second attempt was cooked better but after taking most of the pepper and cayann out of the rub they were very bland. I am going to do some country style ribs (From the loin) this weekend. Based on inputs from these forums I am going to go with no water so I can do these at a higher temp (250-275). Well thats about it, the weather is finaly getting a little warmer here and I hope to be smoking almost every weekend I can.

Leo Roy

Welcome Leo! Go find yourself a nice all purpose rub out there that you can do multiple things with, that's what I do.

Welcome to the forum Leo Roy!
Love the area you're at... was in Manchester not too long ago...
drove 101 east to the end then 1A (Ocean B) up to see a friend in Rye then further to Portsmouth...
Yeah.... love it!
Hope you love THIS place, got your hands on the finest smoker there is!
Enjoy your stay Leo! :wsm:

Back