Hello from Louisville

Bennie J

Hey folks my name is Ben. I'm obviously new here. I've been snooping around for about a week now and figured I'd like to get in on the discussions. I've got a Weber Spirit :blackgenesis: going on 6 years now. Getting to the point where it's a bit undersized for my needs. I've got 4 kids so I usually grill in some good sized quantities. :) Looking forward to reading and learning here.
Cheers!!
Ben

Welcome to the forum Ben. This is a great place to learn and to share. With a large family, you might want to consider a smoker. Great food and great fun.

Welcome!

If you want to keep your bank account intact, stay away from Brownsboro Hardware. They are super nice people and have the best selection of grilling stuff on the sunnyside of the river.

Nice to see all the folks from The Ville around here! I'm out on the Northeast End so staying away from Brownsboro Hardware may be very difficult!

I won't lie...a smoker has been on my mind as of late. Enjoy my Spirit but definitely looking to try some new things including charcoal.

Nice to see all the folks from The Ville around here! I'm out on the Northeast End so staying away from Brownsboro Hardware may be very difficult!

I won't lie...a smoker has been on my mind as of late. Enjoy my Spirit but definitely looking to try some new things including charcoal.

Bennie, start with a Kettle off of Craigslist then work your way up!

Welcome Bennie glad to have you on board, like Dave said try Craigslist first. You can get some great deals and the price is almost always right.

Hey folks! I've stumbled on a One Touch Gold nearby for $80. Based on retail price alone this seems like a good deal. It's. 22.5" and pics seem to indicate good condition. Thoughts?

That one was originally listed as a mastertouch and has been listed for quite a while. I think you should end up with it much cheaper than listed.

That one was originally listed as a mastertouch and has been listed for quite a while. I think you should end up with it much cheaper than listed.

All true. BUT, if the seller stays firm at $80, it's not a bad price given how clean the grill is. I'd set up a meet and once there, start out by offering $50 and go from there. If you haven't done CL buying before, take a nice crisp $50 with you and have it in your wallet by itself. Take 3 $10's with you also and have one in each front pocket and one in a back pocket. Start with the crisp $50 and add $10's as needed.

OK, confession time as I'm feeling kind of guilty. After replying above, I checked CL and saw a OTG in JTown for $50. Ad had only been up for 40 mins. Couldn't help myself and contacted the seller, got their address and went right over and picked it up.

Sorry Bennie. As an act of repentance, I do happen to have an AA code OTS blackie that has a bent up but workable charcoal grate and the top is slightly pushed in at the center where the handle is. It's missing the ash catcher disc. Has a flat non hinged grate, but I think I have a lightly rusted hinged one laying around somewhere that would need a good cleaning.

Anyways, it's FREE to you if you want it Bennie. All you would need to acquire is an ash catcher or get an ash can and some wire and make it a OTG. Think that would cost you about $25 or so.

Let me know if you want it.

Last edited:
Well thanks everyone for the suggestions and guidance. I picked myself up a 22.5 OTG today. Looking forward to getting it fired up this weekend.

Well thanks everyone for the suggestions and guidance. I picked myself up a 22.5 OTG today. Looking forward to getting it fired up this weekend.

Congrats Bennie. Details details!! Was it the one in Crestwood ? Or did you get a new one ? Or did another one pop up somewhere ?

It was the one in Crestwood. Only about 10 minutes from my house which was nice. Now I just need to stock up on a chimney starter and some gloves. Looking forward to giving it a ride this weekend!

It was the one in Crestwood. Only about 10 minutes from my house which was nice. Now I just need to stock up on a chimney starter and some gloves. Looking forward to giving it a ride this weekend!

Nice. You know about the charcoal sales that go on a few times per year ? I think it's Labor day, Memorial day and 4th of July. That's when quite a few here stock up.

Back