Hello from Iowa

Jay Bruns

Have to say this is my favorite Weber site, find myself coming back to review the great information almost weekly as I'm new to smoking (with the bullet anyway) and plan to give it a whirl on spring break and decided to go ahead and create a log in for the site. Now just the hard part of what things I should try first....too many great options!!

Hey Jay! Welcome to the addiction! I'd find a nice rack of spare ribs or a 7 to 10 lb butt & give those a whirl for your 1st cook... both pretty forgiving and great eets after your fun...
Hey Jay.... enjoy your Stay!:wsm:
:D

Hi Jay and welcome aboard!

I agree, do a Boston butt or a pork picnic for your first cook.

Welcome, neighbor! Most years I'd recommend the ISU / Iowa BBQ Society Spring Training, but they just announced that they're not holding the class this year. :(

Jarrod

Wow, lot of consensus for butts out there guys....so now that it's the weekend and I'm back with free time to snoop around will explore just that!! Thanks everyone. Jay

Hey Jarrod....well that would of been pretty cool (spring training) and fun to attend. Went with the easy beer can chicken recipe from this site yesterday and boy that recipe nailed it right on the head....and great results. Trying a pork loin Tuesday when more of the gang arrive back home from spring break weekend. Jay

Back