Hello From Indianapolis!!

Steve Tipps

I found this group of like minded individuals while doing some research on repairing a new to me 1995 genesis 1000 redhead. It’s in very nice shape, and the previous owner had new flavorizers and grates (although not SS). No major rust or anything! I’m working on the cedar slats now, and will be swapping out the quick release propane connection once the tank is empty.
this is a nice addition to my collection: a circa 1990 Weber kettle, and a two year old WSM. I’m looking forward to diving deep into these forums and getting to know everyone.707008CD-E639-4B02-9847-0BD3889B13F2.jpeg

Welcome, Steve! I've never had barbecue in Indy, but have visited The Tamale Place for tamales and Hollyhock Hill for chicken.

Welcome Steve Indy is a great town, I have eaten at the Weber grill a few times which along is a great experience. Had some great times, food, and ofcourse racing while there. Also attended school there once, hot summers and good cold winters.

Welcome, Steve! I've never had barbecue in Indy, but have visited The Tamale Place for tamales and Hollyhock Hill for chicken.
Thanks!
There’s a really good barbecue place in a northern Indy suburb that I frequent. Hollyhock has pretty amazing food too.

Welcome Steve Indy is a great town, I have eaten at the Weber grill a few times which along is a great experience. Had some great times, food, and ofcourse racing while there. Also attended school there once, hot summers and good cold winters.
Thanks! I love Indy, although I’d move to a southern coastal town in a heartbeat. The Weber Grill Restaurant is pretty good. I’ve been to the one here a couple times, along with the one in downtown Chicago.
this weekend sure is weird because we should be having the Indy 500, but it got pushed to August due to Covid-19.

Yes the indy 500, I have also been to several F1,Moto GP and two Nascar all were good great track well kept up.
Gulf coast is very nice excellant seafood and atmosphere, I just do not like rebuilding after hurricanes.
Snow and cold is better in my mind.

Welcome. Moved from Indiana (Indianapolis) 20+ years ago. I used to live in Home Place area ( Seems it was annexed by Carmel). I miss Indiana. I have been to a couple of 500, First Nascar race there. I did travel back for the 1st F1 race. Sorely missed the 500 this memorial weekend.

It was definitely an odd weekend without the race. It’s interesting to watch all of the different types of people that each race brings. Each style of race brings a different crowd.

Back