Hello from Chicago!

Greg-S

TVWBB Fan
Long time forumite but I'm new here!

I grew up in the Chicago area and if you did, your family probably had a kettle. Back in the days of wooden handles and black grills fading to grey as they received almost daily love and use.

After trying a number of other grills, I've made my way back to the 22.5 inch kettle. i do have an original Q that's been modified with a temp gage from TV hardware, from my condo days where charcoal wasn't allowed.

Here is this summer's weapon of choice. :cool:

20140901_170336_zpsy5xht5sz.jpg

It has been taking good care of us. (yes i did get some water into the drip pan to keep things moist before we cooked).

20140713_110521_zpsdl3odvau.jpg
20140713_160913_zpsrlqlnite.jpg

This past weekend I scored a 18" off my local c-list, not too shabby for $50. I'm actually considering using it for keeping cold beverages on ice since it's so nice and i use the 22.5 almost daily this time of year.

20140901_170330_zpslxrchhyq.jpg

20140901_170320_zpsihhczwog.jpg

The "Q" in action for when the kids need something served up at light speed. When will they learn the best things take a little time? :p
20131013_142801_zps41b4ab46.jpg

I look forward to learning more ways to utilize these babies, trading recipes and honing my skills!

One thing i do recommend is the ET-73 RediChek, it's been a big help to me anyway.

Thanks everyone!

There sure are a lot of nice grills and smokers on this site! (I am in big trouble I can tell already. :D )

When will they learn the best things take a little time? :p

In my experience - never! But God love 'em anyway! That Bud Light grill looks like it was NEVER used!

And welcome to the forum from a former resident of St. Charles, IL!

In my experience - never! But God love 'em anyway! That Bud Light grill looks like it was NEVER used!

And welcome to the forum from a former resident of St. Charles, IL!
St Charles! I work in Elmhurst.

he said he won it at a charity raffle and no it was never used. i think it's my new outdoor cold drinks holder. (the kids will never think to look in there. bwa hahaha) but i can already hear them asking why the grill is leaking cold water out the bottom. is that going to get me in trouble here? i hope not. :D
Welcome to the forums Greg :wsm: Nice CL score!

thanks! i think i got my first performer off c'list tonight. picking it up after work tomorrow. it's a 2000, green one.

do we do "new grill day" threads here? i haven't looked around yet, been sticking to the intro threads so far. :D

the perf is gonna need some rehabbing but i'm up for it.

Thanks again everyone, good to be here.

We have quite a few former and current chicagoans here!

found a red performer on craigslist and made a thread over in the kettle section. :D

Back