Hello from Canada

Mark Cote

Hello All,

Last fall I decided to put my trustly Broil King (12 years of service and still going strong) to the curb for someone else to enjoy and get into the charcoal world with a new performer. Here in my part of Canada Webers are far and few between and finding a used one is almost an impossible feat so I bit the bullet on a new one.

Honestly when I set it up I was wondering what I'd done .. it doesn't look like much for the money $$ . Now that I've cooked on it for a little under a year .. with the flavors that come off this grill I would pay more than that! I did take some ribbing from my buddies on my tiny new grill and I do miss the real estate on my old grill so I'm already looking for a deal on a OTG to add to it's side.

Unfotunatley or fortunately I guess ! I found this board looking for info since my regulator had bit the dust and my side table had cracked .. Possibly due to cooking on it all winter? One I get the photo thing figured out I'll post some picks of cooking in blizzards ..

Weber replaced the parts but, it seems more severe here for warranty claims. I needed the original purchase receipt and a photo of the parts and photo of the serial number. This makes total sense to me but, other posts I read through seemed like they just picked up the phone and the parts were sent out .. even if they weren't the original owners. bizare

Anyways just saying hi and looking forward to reading and contributing to the forum. cheers! Mark

Welcome to the forum Mark!
Love my Performer too!
It does sound like Weber is much more picky in Canada.

Welcome to the forum Mark. I bet your buddies don't make fun of the food that comes off that little grill. What part of the country you in?

Welcome aboard Mark. Sounds like you're out in the Rimouski area. Take a look at the 26" kettle, that will give you some great real estate to cook on. Not cheap but lots of room to play.

I found the same issues with Weber Service and it's mainly because for Canada it's administered in Waterloo Ontario by Onward Multi Corp. They are the Canadian Distributor. I have dealt with them on one warranty claim and a couple of times for parts. They were slow but came through in the end with no problems on the warranty. Parts were shipped right away. I think at the end of the day they still get approval first so it's just one more step.

Installed the new regulator and back in the business. Weird that the other one failed .. anyways grilled up a couple of 1.5" thick pork chops last night in a heavy rain that turned out perfect. It was sure nice to have back the convenience of the propane starter to get the coals ready. The side table replacement will wait for a sunny summer afternoon.

Back